harpcolumn

Dust Cover for Ogden

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Dust Cover for Ogden

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jean-mac
    Participant

Just purchased an Ogden which came with a carrying case, but wondering if a lightweight dust cover is available for it?

Jean,

As one who just made a dust cover for my Webster Cecelia out of purple velvet, I highly recommend making one. I taped a bunch of lightweight paper (could use tissue paper but we had some packing paper here) together to lie the harp down onto and trace around it. Then I measured out 2 inches along the top of the neck and down the sides. I also measured half the width of the back of the harp and went out that far +2 inches in order to have room over the widest part of the soundboard. Voila! I have a pattern now I can use over and over. It was so easy. I sewed strips of velcro down the front opening, making one side of the opening about 3 inches wider than the other so that I could have a flap.

The velvet was kind of icky to work with on the sewing machine because of its nap, but other than that, it was really very easy…..and it’s quite pretty.

Briggsie

unknown-user
    Participant

I made a dust cover a year ago with elaborate blue curtain material (bought it cheap as it was the end of a bolt) with silly fringe on the bottom.

jean-mac
    Participant

Thanks to you ladies for the instructions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.