Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
unknown-user
ParticipantThanks, Barbara!
Hannah
unknown-user
ParticipantMost serious musicians I know say “string instrument maker”.
unknown-user
ParticipantWow! Thanks to all of you for the suggestions and advice! I’m excited to try it all.
Are there also arrangements for lever harp accompaniments to other instruments? I am a member of a large and very musical family; we would all love to find arrangements for harp accompanying flute, violin, viola, piano, accordion (have you ever heard a good classical accordionist?!), or classical or sacred vocal pieces.
I really appreciate all of your help!
Hannah
unknown-user
ParticipantThey’re pretty tough, aren’t they Kay? Anything new on your “dreams of pedals”?
September 12, 2008 at 9:40 pm in reply to: What was your favourite (beginner/low intermediate level) music book? #159117unknown-user
ParticipantBut I’m a really old harpist…… I wish Bonnie would call them something else!
September 12, 2008 at 9:26 pm in reply to: What was your favourite (beginner/low intermediate level) music book? #159116unknown-user
ParticipantBonnie Goodrich’s “Small Tunes for Young Harpists” and “A Bouquet for a Young Harpist” are great! They’re basic, but so fun for the student!
The cute titles and tunes always motivated me to play!
unknown-user
ParticipantI absolutely love my Russian harp!
unknown-user
ParticipantSorry to bother everyone – but just in case someone is interested – that Erat harp has appeared again on ebay… Here’s the new link for it…
It definitely needs work – but just in case someone is looking for one…
Kind regards, William
unknown-user
ParticipantThere is a good harp maker in New Zealand, Kim Webbey.
September 7, 2008 at 6:36 pm in reply to: Do adult amateurs have special problems learning harp? #85725unknown-user
ParticipantKay, in misstating my premise, you exaggerate it completely. I am talking about certain adults, a specific type of personality, not all adults, nor most, and I have no problem teaching adults. I have just had a couple of students who were perhaps immature.
unknown-user
ParticipantSounds like you’re referring to the Music Pad Pro (check out their website at: http://www.freehandsystems.com
I saw an organ recitalist use it, changing it back and forth from portrait to landscape orientation on the music rack of the organ. Have wanted to get one for myself, if only for the simple reason to have all my music in digital format, not having to carry around many pounds of music everywhere I go. One can also mark the music with fingerings, annotations, notes, etc., as well as color highlight. Page turns are accomplished either by foot pedal (which would work for lever harpers) or by touching the screen (pedal harpists are already used to turning pages – this would make it easier, since you just touch anywhere on the screen.) Another great feature is the half-page turns in portrait mode, and two-page view in landscape mode.
Check it out – anyone have one of the Music Pad Pros already?
Doug – newbie harper in Illinois
September 6, 2008 at 8:49 pm in reply to: Do adult amateurs have special problems learning harp? #85721unknown-user
ParticipantI know of no study that indicates language acquistion skills necessarily decrease as we age and that leads me to query whether there’s any actual evidence that music skills do.
unknown-user
ParticipantI happened to turn on the old movie channel this morning, and there was Episode #121 of ILL, with a very nice shot of both harpist and harp. She is accompanying Desi singing “The Anniversary Waltz”. I don’t know if THAT is still available, but if so, it’s a terrific song for multi-year sentimental anniversary parties.
The lyrics are quite charming, so although the melody is very pretty, someone really has to sing it to get the full impact.
If someone checks Episode #121 would you please post what kind of harp it is?
September 6, 2008 at 4:06 pm in reply to: What was your favourite (beginner/low intermediate level) music book? #159115unknown-user
ParticipantI’ve been working on some of the “beginner” Salzedo and Grandjany pieces for about two months, and they make me curious as to how the great teachers start beginners. The pieces I’ve been playing are hard, after 17 months of good instruction and faithful practice. I always have a bee in my bonnet about grading pieces, so if these are “beginner” music, it will be a while before I get to “intermediate”.
September 5, 2008 at 9:35 pm in reply to: Do adult amateurs have special problems learning harp? #85719unknown-user
ParticipantStanding at attention and applauding for Kay!
-
AuthorPosts