harpcolumn

looking for a harp teacher and/or other adult harpist in eastern PA

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists looking for a harp teacher and/or other adult harpist in eastern PA

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

Don’t you have itunes? Many recordings of each by well-known harpists there.

Also, Mr. Grandjany hiimself recorded the Haydn Fantaisie, in the LP recording that used to be available through the AHS. Don’t know if that’s been remastered to CD.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Dear Hannah,

If you are serious enough about music to be entering the AHS competition, may I suggest that if you plan on a career in music these days, it is absolutely essential to understand the marketplace and how it has changed?

You MUST familiarize yourself with these methods of distribution (and their impact on what you can expect to earn), since CDs are quickly going the way of the 8-track tape. (I have a good friend who currently makes a very good living from CDs alone, but even he says he figures one more year and he won’t be able to sell physical discs at all.)

This is the world you will be living in and you need to start thinking of how you will function there, unless of course you are just entering the AHS competition for fun.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Hannah ~

If finding the professional recordings is a problem there are some amateur recordings on youtube. Here are the one I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0-OL-c3QI

unknown-user
    Participant

Actually, there are two recordings that I would recommend by Judy Loman.

“The Genius of Salzedo” CD has her playing the Pescetti – dazzlingly fast. And there is also

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Hannah

Specifically about the Fantaisie on a theme of Haydn

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Sam,

I listened to the one on YouTube straight away, the Fantaisie one, by Jennifer Campbell.

unknown-user
    Participant

Just moved to the Allentown area and I’m looking for other harpists or musicians to get together to make music and have some fun.

Geri McQuillen
    Participant

Hello Dale,

I live in Oregon and have a wonderful teacher who teaches all over the country.

unknown-user
    Participant

I just stumbled on this thread by accident and thought that I should give some more imput as my teacher has given me some recordings since I last posted.

On Jana Bouskava’s CD Harfa she has all three movements of the Pescetti as well as the Fantasie.

On Elizabeth Remy’s CD Whirlwind she has all three movements of the Pescetti, the Fantasie AND Whirlwind.

As mentioned before, on the CD Music

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi,

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in Philadelphia, that’s about 45 minutes away, I think.

Cheryl Z.
    Participant

Hi Dale,

Try Joanna Mell.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies