column

Trying to scam sellers

Home Forums Coffee Break Trying to scam sellers

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

I’ve just seen this, which seems to be a new policy (story is dated 15th Feb).

I was just listening to one of the CDBaby podcasts and there’s one on social networking.

alexandra coursen
    Participant

I just read an article from the Wall St. Journal about the newest cyber-scams. Many based on facebook/myspace contacts that invite you to another website to look at a video. Your computer gets infected and “seizes up”, etc. Also a new type of phishing based on Myspace/facebook.

On the fraud front, I recently listed a “harp wanted” ad, and have received offers from several individuals in England. One of these cads copied an ad for a harp listed on ebay that I had already seen. Another offered me a harp at a greatly reduced price, (along with very poor english grammar that always makes you wonder).

unknown-user
    Participant

I recently lised my Sharpsicle for sale on Craigslist and received 2 scammers wanting me to do an e-check and ship it to them in GA. They were using a email thru hotmail.

Of course, I told them this was for local delivery only and that I would not ship.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.