harpcolumn

Trying to scam sellers

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Trying to scam sellers

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

I’ve just seen this, which seems to be a new policy (story is dated 15th Feb).

I was just listening to one of the CDBaby podcasts and there’s one on social networking.

alexandra coursen
    Participant

I just read an article from the Wall St. Journal about the newest cyber-scams. Many based on facebook/myspace contacts that invite you to another website to look at a video. Your computer gets infected and “seizes up”, etc. Also a new type of phishing based on Myspace/facebook.

On the fraud front, I recently listed a “harp wanted” ad, and have received offers from several individuals in England. One of these cads copied an ad for a harp listed on ebay that I had already seen. Another offered me a harp at a greatly reduced price, (along with very poor english grammar that always makes you wonder).

unknown-user
    Participant

I recently lised my Sharpsicle for sale on Craigslist and received 2 scammers wanting me to do an e-check and ship it to them in GA. They were using a email thru hotmail.

Of course, I told them this was for local delivery only and that I would not ship.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies