Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
unknown-user
Participantcheck out http://www.patriciadaly.co.uk harp tutorial
comes highly recommended by Derek Bell (RIP) late harpist with The Chieftains.
unknown-user
ParticipantThanks for all the great suggestions. I guess I am looking for something “ready-made.”
unknown-user
ParticipantWell I ended up with the Harp Porter’s Standard model and I really like it! it takes turns really well, it’s light weight and it’s very stable! Thanks for all your answers guys!
unknown-user
ParticipantGee folks.
Umm, thanks for answering my question almost two years ago. If I’d known it was going to cause such trouble and bad feelings I would never have posted it. How about we all agree to disagree and stay friends?
I don’t get a lot of time to play harp as I did when I first posted although I do the odd gig. I am working a lot as a keyboardist with a commercial country/rock project right now but I still love my L+H and play here and there. I also sing folk still and am working on some folk music research (My part-time day job is history related). Thanks again to everyone for their kind input.
Peace, respect, love and good karma to all. Let’s wrap this thread up before there are any more hurt feelings eh.
Cheers
unknown-user
ParticipantI
unknown-user
ParticipantI have been a harp teacher for more than 20 years, and I have students who have harps of every shape and kind.
May 6, 2009 at 9:28 pm in reply to: Can somebody check my harp part (in my symphony) to see if it is ok ? #160938unknown-user
ParticipantIn response to the above, if a two-handed gliss is impractical, a one handed gliss with grace notes leading up to a chord is fine, is it not ?
I would have thought that this effect is very harp-like, but I may be mistaken.
Would it make more sense if the chord itself is rolled, with the wavy line sign next to it, so you don’t have to gliss then grab a chord, as it were, but continue rolling ?
Am I making any sense ?
May 6, 2009 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Can somebody check my harp part (in my symphony) to see if it is ok ? #160936unknown-user
Participantthanks for the suggestions of the best composers for harp writing – these will be a priority next time I’m at my sheet music shop.
May 6, 2009 at 4:28 pm in reply to: Can somebody check my harp part (in my symphony) to see if it is ok ? #160935unknown-user
ParticipantOn the subject of bar 51, is it rare/unusual to have a gliss in both hands leading up to a chord.
This is what I wanted, but I’ll drop the bottom LH note and have a gliss only in the LH hand if necessary.
unknown-user
ParticipantA simple piece, but one that has quite a few different sounds is Kymation by Darhon Rees-Rohrbacher.
unknown-user
ParticipantI’ve had three break at once during a storm.
unknown-user
ParticipantI heard that a CG would fit in a Matrix but do you have to fold the seat down????
Do you think that my Daphne 46 will fit without having to fold the seat down??
May 4, 2009 at 4:12 pm in reply to: DO YOU USE A TOYOTA MATRIX TO TRANSPORT YOUR PEDAL HARP? #160946unknown-user
ParticipantThanks a ton for the link!!!
unknown-user
ParticipantI have a Salvi Daphne 46, Sorry I forgot to mention that!
unknown-user
ParticipantI have a Salvi Daphne 46, sorry I forgot to mention that!
-
AuthorPosts