Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
unknown-user
ParticipantYeah, I’ve looked into her a bit.
unknown-user
ParticipantFrom a rather older young harper.
unknown-user
ParticipantI heard that someone on this site was looking for advanced music for lever harp, and was wondering about Watching the Wheat by John Thomas. I play this on lever harp and have recorded it on the CD The Jig’s Up. I haven’t published the sheet music because the low B and A strings don’t seem to be standard yet, and that version really depends on as wide a range as possible. I try to publish works that will still sound well on a harp that goes down to C. The advanced pieces for lever harp I’ve written include various sets of chorale variations and
April 30, 2009 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Can somebody check my harp part (in my symphony) to see if it is ok ? #160933unknown-user
ParticipantThanks for your speedy response. I’ll get back to you when I’ve checked the points raised. I will also be looking at elgar as a model for good harp writing. And I’m not confident in writing for harp, which is why I’m asking for help here.
April 29, 2009 at 10:22 pm in reply to: Can somebody check my harp part (in my symphony) to see if it is ok ? #160931unknown-user
Participantsorry first link is wrong – it should be
unknown-user
ParticipantRemember the advice of Groucho Marx- “If you come near the melody, play it.”
unknown-user
ParticipantPlease forgive my spelling- it is of course, the wonderful Luciano Pavarotti.
unknown-user
ParticipantMay I offer an observation from personal experience ?
unknown-user
ParticipantMay I offer an observation from personal experience ?
unknown-user
ParticipantMay I offer an observation from personal experience ?
unknown-user
ParticipantI have a list of pieces (not complete though)
unknown-user
ParticipantMy teacher’s teacher’s teacher was Alphonse Hasselmans himself.
unknown-user
ParticipantI started when I was 9, and I agree with Saul. Start with the best teacher that you can find/will accept you.
unknown-user
ParticipantI study in France and I am currently doing études by Pozzoli, Larivière et Bochsa (100 exercises journaliers) and will start on Dizi soon. But I have done several études of Bochsa and
unknown-user
ParticipantI study in France and I am currently doing études by Pozzoli, Larivière et Bochsa (100 exercises journaliers) and will start on Dizi soon. But I have done several études of Bochsa and
-
AuthorPosts