unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Parents Sitting in On Lessons? #85796
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Janelle,

    My mother stopped sitting in on my lessons after about a year. During my first year she had to because the only place to sit was in the harp room, but then I switched teachers. In my second teacher’s studio there was a waiting room just down the hall where the parents could sit and thats where my mother stayed. She could hear the lesson and everything but the waiting room had comfy chairs, magazines, and a bathroom so it was just more comfortable to stay there. Maybe that was for the best though, because my mother tells me that sometimes she cringed when my teacher scolded me! Parents were welcome to sit in on the lesson, and I even know some students at my level and/or age who have their parents sit in. Now I’m in boarding school (with teacher 3) and I take the T to the conservatory on weekends so now my parents aren’t even there outside the door. I think it’s a good idea for parents to be there to know how the lessons are going – but not to help at home. I remember my mom trying to help when I was still with my first teacher, but I would just tell her that she didn’t know what she was talking about! Another story: my second teacher just told me that she had a student learning the second movement of the Pescetti Sonata and

    in reply to: L&H Ogden Travel by Air #160728
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Found it myself. Thanks Anita.

    in reply to: Search Engine #160731
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you Jennifer. I’ll give it a try.

    in reply to: L&H Ogden Travel by Air #160727
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Where do I get one Anita?

    in reply to: Learning Harp #160750
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hi i know what u feel but i’m in a positions is more more bad than you i’m a egyptian learned the harp at edg of 10 into the conservatory in egypt academy of arts,and got graduated with

    in reply to: Playing after shoulder injury #160719
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I understand your predicament.

    in reply to: Learning Harp #160748
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Susan,
    Welcome to this wondrous world of the harp! I’m excited for you that you now have 2 harps!

    in reply to: Recovering from Frozen Shoulder #160835
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ken,

    Try the website, WEBMD- just use the search feature to look up “shoulder”, and you will find some very useful unbiased advice.

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102396
    unknown-user
    Participant
    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102395
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Did you see Princess Sakura by Aoyama?Amazing that cherry trees on soundboard

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102393
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Howard Bryan’s site is one I go to often when I’m in Wish Mode.

    Right now if I had the dough, though, I’d really love to own a Victor Salvi 50th Anniversary model… *that* to me is what a harp *should* look like 8-)

    Sharon

    in reply to: Sale Price for Used Harpsicle #160831
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Jessica, Have you thought of entering it on eBay, starting with a price of say $400 or $500? The buyer pays for packing, shipping and insurance. You can withdraw it anytime, you’d not be locked into selling it there.

    Blessings,

    Rod

    in reply to: Stoney End Owners #160872
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi to all again!

    Just a point of concern. I read somewhere today that zither tuning pins can start to slip and not hold tune after 10 years or more, whereas tapered pins by their nature, do not. My Esabelle has zither pins, fitted to a cherrywood

    in reply to: Gestation of a harp – update #160473
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi everybody.

    Yes, we should never compromise safety, which may be taken to include how we move and play our harps to avoid strain and muscular tension etc. I guess this is where Pilates, Feldenkrais (think that’s the right spelling) or Tai Chi would help.

    in reply to: Michel Legrand on Harp #109681
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The Salvi Pop Harp Series have two arrangements of Michel Legrand’s music.

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 5,570 total)