harpcolumn

If money was no object I would buy….

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break If money was no object I would buy….

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

>My my… how the pot has been stirred. : /

What do you mean? I just said that where I am, this is not the case. I would presume that in areas where brides still wear big lace dresses and yearn for the Victorian thing that it would be different.

harp guy
    Participant

I just meant how my little “fool them” comment started this big sideline conversation. My comments rarely do that.

Geri McQuillen
    Participant

I think I misused the term “fool ’em” in my reply post #52.

katerina
    Participant

Thurau “Bologna”.
    I’m a triple-harp addict, and, having one Thurau instrument already at home, I think, here’s the place for another one… or maybe two different or…
    Bloody crisis and bloody fate: why I’m not a millionair’s daughter?

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

ba·roque (b-rk)

adj.

1. also Baroque Of, relating to, or characteristic of a style in art and architecture developed in Europe from the early 17th to mid-18th century, emphasizing dramatic, often strained effect and typified by bold, curving forms, elaborate ornamentation, and overall balance of disparate parts.

2. also Baroque Music Of, relating to, or characteristic of a style of composition that flourished in Europe from about 1600 to 1750, marked by expressive dissonance and elaborate ornamentation.

3. Extravagant, complex, or bizarre, especially in ornamentation

Definition #3 supports my usage of the word “baroque”. Saying ALL others was a bit of hyperbole. It’s really just the majority of pedal harp designs that strike me that way.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Geri –

My Webster McFall has been ordered!

But if money were not object for a PEDAL harp – I’d get the Salvi Minerva with a custom finish. Black with white gold leaf!

kay-lister

If money was no object I would buy LYON & HEALY! I’d be like Santa at the North Pole!

Kay

Geri McQuillen
    Participant

Oh, Pat, I’m so happy for you!

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I hope to have the McFall by

Alison
    Participant

A Lyon and Healy style 11 (it’s golden and so pretty) and a larger property, with space for a music room, or build one myself.

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I’d buy myself a Prelude in natural wood because I’ve been drooling over that for a long time now. Also, I would get a McFall replica, namely this one from Celtic Harps (by Rick Stanley), because I think it’s absolutely gorgeous and very close to what I initially dreamed of playing when I first started to play the harp.
    And even though I haven’t really ever thought about having a pedal harp, I would also buy a Style 23 gold. I played one of those yesterday when having service done on my harp, and absolutely fell in love!

And a big house to keep them in 🙂 Cause otherwise there wouldn’t be room for them.

A Wurlitzer DDX. What a behemoth!

unknown-user
    Participant

Howard Bryan’s site is one I go to often when I’m in Wish Mode.

Right now if I had the dough, though, I’d really love to own a Victor Salvi 50th Anniversary model… *that* to me is what a harp *should* look like 8-)

Sharon

Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

1) Salvi Arianna

2) L&H 17 gold

3) R-harp 22 gothic for fun

4) R-harp Merlin or Dusty Strings (Years ago I played them side by side and liked the Merlin best, but I want to test them again.)

5) Ford Escape Hybrid to tote all of these around.

unknown-user
    Participant

Did you see Princess Sakura by Aoyama?Amazing that cherry trees on soundboard

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies