harpcolumn

L&H Troubadour Light

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories L&H Troubadour Light

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

Hi, Sidney. It’s really not secret. You can read about it Roslyn Rensch’s book, in the AHJ issues for when it happened, lots of places. There was no attempt to do it in a hidden fashion. It was widely announced when it happened. For quite a while Salvi harps were being assembled in Chicago for the American market, and today both L&H and Salvi pedal harps share an awful lot of engineering/parts.

Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

He he!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Yes, it’s a very barebones forum. I received a message from the moderator that Carl’s post was removed at the request of another poster, and I expect that’s true, since this is not a very much moderated site.

There’s no way to delete your own post, either, once it’s posted. You would have to email the Harp Column to ask for a deletion.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

I should add that I received the message because they also removed my reply to Carl’s post, since it wouldn’t have made sense by itself, not because I have any kind of secret connection to the staff here. 🙂

unknown-user
    Participant

OK, um, I don’t see any replies about the harp itself.

Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

Yes, I agree.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Given that it’s a 2009 harp, no info on such a thing on the L&H website and so on, it may have been a one-off done as a prototype or a special order harp. I’ve sure never heard of it, and if Kathy Chanik hasn’t seen one, it can’t be in production. 🙂

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

if Kathy Chanik hasn’t seen one, it can’t be in production. 🙂

So true!

unknown-user
    Participant

AH, I just realised that they are on a pre-owned site.

kathy-chanik
    Participant

I’m so fascinated by this, a light-tension Troubadour.

jean-mac
    Participant

Sorry, jumping in late, but I play on an older

barbara-brundage
    Participant

> an older Troubadour that my teacher has and it is strung with nylon strings which does have much lighter tension

But that’s just older pedal harp tension. Once upon a time, that’s what pedal harps felt like. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies