unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109246
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well said Harp Guy!
    😉
    M.

    in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109243
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks guys,

    at least I’m not the only one with crazy neighbours. I think she’s been
    very rude and disrespectful. I just got back from my holidays, so she
    hadn’t heard a thing in three long weeks, and after not even 10 minutes
    practice of Stella Splendens (not the loudest of pieces if you know
    it), she comes to my doorstep, disturbing my practice and insulting my
    music. Also my apartment is two floors and I usually practice upstairs,
    so there’s a whole floor between the music and her. She says it doesn’t
    matter, but unless she has a bionic ear that’s just impossible. My
    husband can happily watch TV downstairs and he’s not bothered at all. She wanted me to agree on a fixed time of the day for my practice, but I told her that I can’t do that. That’s really unreasonable. Practice at 3 pm or nothing?? And again, I always play during day time so I
    think it’s just like Misty said, some people need to control everything. Well I have to hold on just few more months, then I’m moving out of this flat and I hope I’ll find more reasonable neighbours, like I always did. Oh, and actually I have a gig at the end of next month, so my “noise” is going to increase, as I need to practice… In that concert I’m not just playing but also singing 3 pieces. I expect her to show up a lot at my doorstep!

    in reply to: Piano and Harp duo #147249
    unknown-user
    Participant

    “Ennanga” by William Grant Still is available in a harp and piano arrangement, and is just beautiful. I had to order it directly from someone in his family years ago, but I found the ordering info on the Internet. If you’re interested in it, let me know and I’ll try to dig up the info.

    Cherwyn

    in reply to: Harp for Music Thanatology #75636
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you all for such a wealth of ideas and information!!

    in reply to: Harp for Music Thanatology #75631
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Jennifer and Rachel-

    Thank you for this information; I do appreciate it.

    K

    in reply to: Harp for Music Thanatology #75628
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Jennifer-

    Here’s the web address-

    http://chaliceofrepose.org/

    Wonderful people/organization.

    in reply to: Harp for Music Thanatology #75626
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer- thanks for your reply!

    Woops, meant levers – shows how new I am to this instrument.

    I studied classical guitar for many years and am quite music-educated, but evidently guitar isn’t considered a thanatological instrument.

    K

    in reply to: You Tube #104232
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, that clip is good too… it’s just not my favorite piece.

    in reply to: A few favorite harp videos… #109318
    unknown-user
    Participant
    in reply to: A few favorite harp videos… #109317
    unknown-user
    Participant
    in reply to: You Tube #104230
    unknown-user
    Participant
    in reply to: A few favorite harp videos… #109316
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Zeena Parkins with Bobby Previte:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK3t-7yuX4A

    Phantom Orchard is one of my favorite CDs…

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151790
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Helen –
    It’s the last section of “Autumn” by Marcel Grandjany where the glissandi start – for the wind thing, I just change the pedals as though I was also playing the hands – it’s really fun – now, I bet you can hardly wait for another windy day 🙂
    John

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151788
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, many windy weddings over the years here in Texas – I, too, have all my music memorized so that I don’t mess with page turns or run the risk of blown over music stands (that happened to a friend of mine and her music flew everywhere) – the wind here can be very “gusty” and unpredictable – I sometimes

    in reply to: First Wedding Gig #160354
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m about to play my first wedding too, in a few months. Luckily, the bride (a close friend) gave me plenty of time to practice. She also wants Paco Bell’s Canon but she asked me if I could integrate it with– get this– the DJ. I love her too dearly to contradict her musical choice at her own wedding, so I said yes immediately and regretted it as soon as I started thinking on the way home. Have any of you done this before? It is this DJ http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/bands_djs_entertainment.html and he’ll be playing CDs. I’m not sure which song yet– the bride still has to make up her mind. Do you have any suggestions? Does it seem feasible? Thank you,

    sarah

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 5,570 total)