unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Grand harpsicle / supersicle #73397
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It’s absolutely great if you’re a beginner, or if you want to play in a lot of different places. Mine came with a guitar strap, so you can stand while playing. I still have mine, and even though it’s sound isn’t the best, it is great if you’re just starting out. If you’ve been playing for about a year, this is not the harp for you. Otherwise, the sound is small, and the playability is easy.

    in reply to: Betty Paret #109364
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello,

    You mentioned a diary of Rosemary Evans Hinman?

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi – thanks for the quick response. Yes – a standard orchestral pedal harp. Let’s forget about notation, if you don’t mind; there is no sheet music involved here. This inquiry centers around a harp sample library, which consists of individual notes, and glisses. The glisses sound wrong to me; what is labelled as Am does not sound like Am. Here:

    http://www.jeffreyhayat.com/AmHarpGliss.mp3

    First is a pre-recorded Am gliss, and then one I created with individual notes.

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157884
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Clinton.

    my symphaty. and welcome to the blog of many similar sufferers.

    althought we all seam to share the same symptons, i think there are different reasons for our ailments.

    mine started when i was diagnosed with diabetes.

    like most of us, doctors and dermatologist mearly prescibe ointments, which help, bur do not remove the problem, and it keeps on flaring up.

    i have tried almost every ointment under the sun, including gloves in a bottle (in fact this expensive product helped the least)

    i am now trying to go on a proper diet, and loose some weight.

    i feel reasonable sure this will eleviate some of the problem.

    happy reasearching

    louis

    in reply to: Thank you Carl Swanson again………… #151913
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi there Basel – Congratulations on your new harp – how wonderful! I know we would all love to see pictures posted when you have time. In the meantime, we are all delighted for you – enjoy.

    in reply to: Highly Requested Pop Songs for Harp #151720
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I definitely like the Gently Weeps suggestion, and I bet Light My Fire just rocks!

    in reply to: Highly Requested Pop Songs for Harp #151719
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I bet, and I think I’ll be looking into some Beetles and Fleetwood for sure.

    in reply to: Highly Requested Pop Songs for Harp #151718
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you for your suggestions.

    in reply to: recordings in which the harp is heard #151874
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Elizabeth, I saw that you recorded the Francesca da Rimini harp part, and I’m going to rehersal this part next wednesday. I don’t know exactly if there are different parts of this piece, because I remember to have played already a part that had a Cadenza, more or less like the Flower Waltz, but now they gave me another part that has only some apreggios, very fast, but not like a Cadenza. I was wondering if this piece complete is much bigger, like an opera or similar, and we are going to do now, only a part of it or something like a suite of the whole piece? Anyway, if you know more than me at this moment, could you help me to understand this part? What fingering did you use for those arpeggios part, if you remember? I was looking better at them, and I thought it is

    in reply to: Salzedo variations #109410
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    I can ask my teacher (who is the one playing in that video) but in my personal opinion, this piece is VERY VERY long, especially because so many people play almost all of it on the slower side, and so it makes for a shorter, bearable piece. Also, the last 3 variations aren’t the most exciting and (combined with the variation before those three) they make up a large part of the piece

    in reply to: Which Pedal Harp to buy!? #71716
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Many thanks for all the posts so far.

    Just to clarify. We had an Aoyama dealer visiting us with two harps. From those two she left the Etude 47E, which was clearly the better of the two,

    in reply to: Which Pedal Harp to buy!? #71712
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Is that good or bad!?

    in reply to: Back Problems Celtic Harp #160414
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Martin,

    Speaking as a professional teacher your back problem comes from 1) sitting posture 2) height of your seat

    http://www.patriciadaly.co.uk has a harp tutorial available which shows diagrams and details information for this very issue.

    It’s very common amoung beginners and must be adhered to early in your learning process.

    in reply to: Lebanon harp teacher #160416
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Do you still need a harp teacher in Lebanon?

    in reply to: Looking for harp teacher in Vancouver, BC (Canada) #83335
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi winnie,

    Give me a call if you haven’t found a harp teacher yet – we are located near Metrotown and she is an amazing professional. If you have a piano background, you’ll also have an advantage of learning much faster.

    Thanks,

    Eliza 604 322 7926

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 5,570 total)