unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,741 through 4,755 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What type of harp should I buy??? (Down to three choices) #68839
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Pavel, I’ll be glad to send you a sound bite when our harp arrives

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157806
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi everybody, my name is Sindi, well I hear you Pat. Like about 5 years ago when I was 14 my finger tips have been dry, cracky, and PAINFULL!! This has been going on for like about every week since then. It is so emberrasing shaking peoples hands because of the dryness. Even my husband was scared. It started bleeding like this month, and I can barely type this, because it is hurtfull. But I just wanted to tell you that I feel your pain. And thanks everyone that wrote, because I’ve tried almost every lotion, but thanks to you guys, I’ll try your recommendation. Thank you!!!

    in reply to: Complaining neighbours…eek. #167685
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I can totally relate to such a problem….we have a house on our own property and the
    neighbours were simply shouting abusive things at me etc etc about me and my playing
    (repeatedly over the years we’ve lived here) even though we always had our windows
    closed. I’d tell the whole thing but it’s a long story. We are probably going to have involve
    a lawyer and a bit of salt and pepper to the whole thing because the way they were
    shouting at me would be in fact child harassment, because I’m still underage.(As well as
    that they were using extremely abussive language to my father as well) We tried sorting it
    out with them kindly but they’re not willing to listen and now with what they said and did
    they’ve crossed the line.
    I hope that things work out for you, Katrina

    in reply to: What type of harp should I buy??? (Down to three choices) #68837
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Many thanks for the many responses. I looked over the picture of the camac levers (Thank you Zen Sojourner) and I like them.

    in reply to: harp teacher York, PA area #167912
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi I live in York and have a harp and want to take lessons. Would you please forward any info you found out? Are you related to Jenny Delp and Ellen Russo Miller? I was Ellen’s college roommate and went to highschool with Jenny’s brother. Thanks, Renee Mueller

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for checking this out, Zen.

    in reply to: music for Bochsa-Andante sostenuto #162217
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello

    Please note I have published recently the first biography on Nicoals Bochsa (unfortunately in French). I have also gathered lots of music sheets (though not the andante sostenuto…).
    If you somebody around you speaks French, you can order my book by sending me an email at michel.faul@alcatel.fr (price : $15 postage included)
    Best regards
    MF

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157805
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Finally people with my problem!

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166313
    unknown-user
    Participant

    HOLA ARPISTAS LATINOS SOY FREDY RAMOS, ESTUDIOA ARPA CLASICA EN LA UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL DE BOGOTA, TAMBIEN TOCO ARPA LLANERA, ANDABA BUSCANDO INFORMACION EN INTERNET SOBRE ENCUENTROs DE ARPA ,DE SUERTE QUE ENCONTRE ESTE SITIO,ME GUSTARIA QUE ME ESCRIBAN A MI CORREO: fredy3ramos21@hotmail.com DESEO TENER INFORMACION SOBRE EL V ENCUENTRO LATINOAMERICANO DE ARPA DE MAXICO, BUENO ADEMAS CONOZCO ALGUNOS ARPISTAS QUE VIVEN EN MEXICO, PERO PERDI CONTACTO CON ELLOS, ALGONOS SON LA FAMILIA DUARTE,CELSO Y SU HIJO, ALGUNOS DE VERACRUZ, EL MAESTRO ALBERTO DE LA ROSA…BUENO ENTRE OTROS,

    in reply to: AHS competition repertoire #89393
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Lynn,

    Here’s the webpage that they listed all the repertoire:

    http://www.harpsociety.org/awards/nat_competition.html

    JUNIOR DIVISION (Maximum age 12 years on June 1, 2005)

    Sarabande from Suite No. 4 G. F. Handel/Kondonassis

    Haiku for the Harp (Choose one) S. McDonald and L. Wood

    Le bon petit roi d?Yvet?t Marcel Grandjany

    Et ron ron ron, petit patapon Marcel Grandjany

    INTERMEDIATE I DIVISION (Maximum age 15 years on June 1, 2005)

    Interlude from Ceremony of Carols Benjamin Britten

    Rumba, Tango and Seguidilla

    in reply to: What type of harp should I buy??? (Down to three choices) #68834
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Everyone:

    unknown-user
    Participant

    o good grief, i was just reading my post over and realizes all my stupid grammatical mistakes. sorry! :-D

    unknown-user
    Participant

    realized* ahh!

    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m sort of in the same boat that you’re in, Jennifer. I am going to be a freshman at Arlington Catholic High School in September, and they have no Orchestra or band program. BUT, they DO have a choir, and I’ve already contacted the direct of the choir and told her all myself. She said she’d love to have me accompany the choir on harp, and, she even wants to take a look at my choir compositions! how exciting :-)

    also, I’ve been in youth orchestras with the New England Conservatory of Music for 3 years now, and I’m planning on auditioning for tanglewood (6 week music camp with a huge harp program taught by Ms. Ann Hobson Pilot, the brilliant principal harpist of the Boston Symphony Orchestra) in February. Not to mention the american harp society competition in June! So yes, I do have a LOT of music to get ready! all you need to do is go on a good search engine like yahoo or google and search “youth orchestras in _______ (your location)”

    in reply to: 16 yr old guy from sydney aus. Help! #167920
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Rohan

    Sounds like you’ve made some progress in your harp search in Sydney but if you haven’t
    come across the Harp Society of NSW you might like to have a look at their website –
    http://www.harpsocietyofnsw.info.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,741 through 4,755 (of 5,570 total)