Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
unknown-user
ParticipantComo va??? me llamo Alina, y soy argentina, tengo 14 a?os y llevo 7 tocando el arpa, acabo de encontrar este sitio, me parece muy bueno, ando buscando un arpa a pedales, cualquier contacto vendria bien.
Bueno, les mando un beso y sigo sin poder creer que haya un sitio as? en la web… los felicito. La verdad es que envidio a Belen y su Daphne 47!!!
bye
espero una respuesta, escribanme a : alinatraine@yahoo.com.ar
besos para todos ustedes.
AlinaSeptember 10, 2004 at 4:00 am in reply to: Prolonging the life of your strings, some comments on my ad #69596unknown-user
ParticipantDear Friends,
This is not directed to those few souls who have taken it upon themselves to distort my work for their own motives (most innovators have to suffer this indignity) but to those others who might be affected by their biased ridicule — those who have a sincere desire for the truth. I doubt that my detractors are open to anything but what they have already decided, so entrenched in their stand are they. From the standpoint of a student of psychology anyone who has a need to ridicule others (especially those they don’t even know) probably has a bruised ego whose self-esteem requires bolstering, usually at the expense of others. The sad thing is that whenever you do this it comes back to you, eventually. What I see here is that these minds have put themselves in the service of “a priori” judgments (stances made before research.) This is one of the traps of logic called a “tautology” where the answer is inherent in the question.
I am hard at work serving people from many countries, so I don’t have much time for refutation, but here are just a few examples of my critics’lack of thoroughness and honest respect for the truth.
Why don’t the many glowing and grateful testimonials from my clients listed on my website mean anything to them? (I have over 400 letters of this kind on file.)How about the signed comments by doctors reporting the effectiveness of my music with their patients? How about the comment by Dr. C. Norman Shealy, founder and director of the Shealy Clinic for Comprehensive Health Care, and founder of the Holistic Nurses Association who commissioned me to make four tapes which are used extensively in the clinic, and asked me to present for the nurses?
Then they say there are no scientific reports on my website. To be sure it’s not a site for scientists, but there is a letter from Dr. Marcel Vogel, scientific researcher, who worked for IBM for many years, reporting on the laboratory results of my music on water. In it he says that the music changed the Ph of the water,it’s electro-conductivity, and its ability to transmit the UV spectrum. Also, they seem to be ignorant of the research that’s being done in the correlation between DNA patterns and musical notes. I never solicited that group of Japanese researchers to write me about the patterns they found in a concert I played in Tokyo. I would be more inclined to believe these scientists who have spent many years studying DNA, wouldn’t you? My critics don’t show their credentials in this highly specialized research.
Then. How do they presume to make assumptions about my family? I was married to Alan Watts’ daughter, Ann, for 10 years and had two children by her, Myra and Michael.Alan’s book, “This Is It” is dedicated to Ann, and his book “The Book” includes in the dedication, Myra and Michael. In Alan’s autobiography “In My Own Way” he mentions me as his son-in-law. Yes, he died in 1973. Yes, I started giving workshops around 1976 and it is also absolutely true that he invited my to take part in his workshops at Esalen and on his ferry boat (the Vallejo) in Sausalito in the ’60s. He wanted to play Herman Hesse’s “The Bead Game”, a fascinating exercise involving translating from one art form into another. I still remember the details of that game we played. Esalen would have, of course, records of those workshops and the concerts I played there. They don’t have flakes present there. I have performed there often through the years, with Al Huang, Paul Winter, and Paul Horn.
How can they presume to know my financial situation? Working very hard I have been able to make a living, and do my part to support my family,
unknown-user
ParticipantAs evidenced by Carl’s answer, perhaps I haven’t stated my question correctly.
I am curious as to whether or not a teacher can teach a combination of traditional and Suzuki methods.
unknown-user
ParticipantI’ve been searching google and the links provided and still can’t come up with a copy of the sheet music.
unknown-user
ParticipantCarl is right. I’m sorry she’s doing this to you. People always have to have something to complain about, don’t they? I live in an apartment with 3 other music majors. We just practice at all hours of the day. We normally wouldn’t, but the people who live around us are really terrible, so we do it just to spite them. Of course, this isn’t always the right course of action, but it is the funnest!
I recommend sending out a letter like someone mentioned, for security purposes, and just continuing on.
best of luck.September 4, 2004 at 4:00 am in reply to: Prolonging the life of your strings, some comments on my ad #69594unknown-user
ParticipantHmmmm…another New Age music healer???
unknown-user
ParticipantI am looking for a harpist to play for about an hour during a wedding reception to take place in May 2005.
unknown-user
ParticipantMy situation was a bit different.
unknown-user
ParticipantI’d tell her if she didn’t shut up that I’d stick the harp somewhere she’d REALLY complain about.
But that’s just me 🙂unknown-user
ParticipantHi my name is Clinton. I was surfing the net tonight looking for answers for this very problem of cracked dry and bleeding skin when i came across this column. I get dry cracked and bleeding skin on my right hand alot. I was just wandering if anyone has tried a product called gloves in a bottle which according to the website http://www.glovesinabottle.com is supposed to bond with your cracked dry skin when you apply it and form a sort of barrier to help keep your deeper layers of skin from drying out and thus allow a healing process to take place. This stuff does not wash off with detergents apparently and lasts for about 4 hours when you need to re-apply. There’s alot of testimonials on the site about it but i haven’t tried it yet as i just came across the website tonight but i’ve emailed the distributor for my country to see if i can get a hold of some to give it a go. However i was just wandering if anybody contributing to this discussion has used it and if so has some feedback about it. Thanks Clinton.
unknown-user
ParticipantI would like to get a copy of the “Storybook Love” sheet music. I have tried the above sites but I don’t seem to be able to get anything from them. If someone would please e-mail me and tell me or copy it for me I would really appreciate it! Kali
unknown-user
ParticipantLook Donald, until I personally attack you,
August 29, 2004 at 4:00 am in reply to: Prolonging the life of your strings, some comments on my ad #69592unknown-user
ParticipantDear Friends,
Scam mail has certainly become a problem, so it is understandable that one or two of you were suspicious of this offer. But to judge it without any investigation is not only unfair, but not based on the facts.
Sincerity, honesty, and integrity are guiding principle here at Golden Harp. Please check out our web site: http://www.harpofgold.com. Joel Andrews, acclaimed for his concerts and workshops in 11 countries, has been a healer with the harp for 30 years (see his book “A Harp Full of Stars”). It is next to impossible to do healing work without higher principles in your heart. He is also an ordained minister with love and respect for all people of the earth, and does spiritual counseling. His Pacific Summer Music Colony for harpists ran for 14 years and he now takes it on the road. After a 40-year career he is a fund of valuable information.
We hope you will honor yourself by making your own private decision about this legitimate and valuable offer, which could save you hundreds of dollars and frustration. Income from this offer will fund a worthy project. We have a stack of the Instruction Sheets on our desk ready to be mailed out.
Richest Blessings in your exploration of out beloved instrument.
The Golden Harp Staff
unknown-user
ParticipantKaren,
You might want to call the Va. Harp Center—804-378-3761. They have a list of teachers in the Tidewater area. I hope you are able to find someone.
Elizabeth Dechent
unknown-user
ParticipantAlexander – does this lady shout to you directly, or is the shouting around to herself about
your playing? I think that that writing her that letter explaining your priorities would be a
good idea. If she responses in a relatively friendly tone to your letter, than you could
probably talk to her personally and make compromises about when you can practice etc.
I’m wishing we could do this, but as we’re on our own property they have no right to say
anything at all. I should (technically seen) be allowed to practice between 6am and 10pm,
with the windows open. Of course, musicians have to learn to live with such problems.
(although my parents are both professional musicians and have never experienced
something like this!)
Oh well, I’m sure that all these cases must have end sometime, and that things will work
out for the best. Katrina -
AuthorPosts