harpcolumn

music for Bochsa-Andante sostenuto

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists music for Bochsa-Andante sostenuto

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I have been trying, to no avail, to find the sheet music for N.C. Bochsa’s
    Andante Sostenuto for horn and harp.

Holly, if anyone would have a copy of an obscure harp work by Bochsa, it would be the dedicated scholar of Bochsa, Patricia John in Houston. She has devoted years, and a whole room in her house, for research on Bochsa. You can e-mail me privately and I’ll tell you how to contact her.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello

Please note I have published recently the first biography on Nicoals Bochsa (unfortunately in French). I have also gathered lots of music sheets (though not the andante sostenuto…).
    If you somebody around you speaks French, you can order my book by sending me an email at michel.faul@alcatel.fr (price : $15 postage included)
    Best regards
    MF

amanda-woosley
    Participant

Ms. Jaeger,

Hi, my name is Amanda Woosley.

barbara-fackler
    Participant

The music may be purchased from http://www.hornandharp.com/publications/hornharp.html.

Barbara Fackler

carl-swanson
    Participant

Michel- Many years ago when I moved to Boston(from Paris) I visited the Loeb Library at Harvard just to see if they had any harp music. What I found were volumes and volumes of music by Bochsa. As I remember it was mostly or entirely solo pieces written on various Opera themes. But it’s been so many years since I was there that I don’t remember specifically. You might contact them to see what exactly they have. But I do remember finding TONS of stuff by Bochsa.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies