unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Cracked Neck #72209
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks! I hope it all goes well for you. I am bit calmer now about being able to fix it but panicky about the cost of repair.. was it pricey for your harp?

    in reply to: Cracked Neck #72207
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks, we’re bring it back to them later in the week. Do you know if it would be a very expensive procedure (Like over a thousand)?

    in reply to: Rhythm Sounds #106562
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes my jaw dropped when I saw that. I immediately assumed though that the syllables corresponded to the pitches (i.e. a solfege of sorts). Then again, I might have just inferred that because she was singing the notes as she said the syllables.

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Harp Dreams and Competition #106527
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Only one of the 3 Japanese harpists had any indication that they studied outside of Japan. She listed 3 Japanese teachers and 1 French. The others seem to have studied only in Japan.

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Harp Dreams and Competition #106526
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I thought about that but couldn’t find information that they studied any where else besides Japan. I hadn’t checked the only chinese contestant, Jessica Zhou, because I saw that it wouldn’t affect the statistics much. In fact, it further scews them, because she studied in the US. Another point is that most of the harpists of foreign

    in reply to: Harp Dreams and Competition #106524
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Just checked:

    Of all the grand prize winners available online, (of the USIHC and Israel – couldn’t find detailed enough info on others) I tallied their countries of study (which often differed from country of origen). The results are distrubuted as follows:

    USA 34.2%

    France 23.7%

    Netherlands/Russia: 10.5%

    Japan: 7.9%

    Italy/Korea: 5.3%

    China: 2.6%

    The sample size was 38 grand prizes (# of prize winners slightly lower) since 1989. Perhaps we should reevaluate whether or not American trained harpists are not doing well in competitions… Interestingly, there were two years

    in reply to: Erard Harp #71907
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am also very interested in knowing how old my Erard harp is as well.

    in reply to: Recordings of Renie #148511
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Given the title, are they all recordings of Renie? I wonder who or what the “Amis” reffered to… I simply MUST get that recording of Piece Symphonique – it’s one of my favorites! Do you know how

    in reply to: Heartland Delight too light? #72461
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

    in reply to: Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber #72507
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Carm

    I am going to road test an Andrew Thom harp in the next few days. I am 5mths into playing so am gathering up as much feedback as I can. In 2000 words or less (joking), can you tell me why you love your carbon composite harp? I am particularly interested in whether you feel it has a HEART (if you know what I mean). His harp have come well recommended by a few industry/professional sources I have spoken to.

    I am probably only going to make one harp purchase ever (!) and the ‘durability’appeals to me….and I like difference in all things and am not attached to tradition. I really only have limited exposure to the one wood harp I have been using for the last 5 mths so would really appreciate any ideas or impressions you have to offer.

    Thank you

    in reply to: help please locating a recording of a song #148590
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Just checked ebay using he and hibbler – there are 8 copies of the sheet music listed and 26 of the 45rpms he had out – I love ebay- lol

    in reply to: Building a harp from scratch #72609
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you Karen, it was helpful!

    in reply to: Con raghezza? #148639
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks, Saul.

    I can see how that was supposed to be a “v” but without that thin line it looks just like an “r”!!!!

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Building a harp from scratch #72607
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello! I want a lap harp that I can transport easily Since 22 strings sound too limited to me, I’m planning to build the Limerick harp. Can I play it with a strap when I’m standing? And are knee bones comfortable?
    Thanks!

    in reply to: Con raghezza? #148636
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I agree with you, Barbara. “larghezza” doesn’t really make sense either… the passage is not played slow and there’s already a separate tempo indication. I wonder what he meant…

    ~Sam

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 5,570 total)