unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,371 through 2,385 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: First gig…wish me luck! #164077
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Audrey,

    I wish you all the best!

    in reply to: any harp cometition? #166996
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It depends what level you are searching for.

    Next year we have the Lily Laskine and international contest of the cite des arts de paris.

    in reply to: Lap Harp Strings #164120
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have used the permanent marker solution. Temporarily that was fine. (I was waiting for a replacement string) But as I practiced the red transferred slightly to the other strings so that the C faded and the others turned a very pale pink.

    Someone told me that Sharpie makes a small pen that actually uses paint. That might work better.

    in reply to: Loreena McKennitt Music Available #163498
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Elizabeth and Janet,

    I agree that some harpists can be overly critical.

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 or Lyon and Healy 85P #161470
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Paul,

    in reply to: Loreena McKennitt Music Available #163492
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hallo Janet,

    yeah, I know what you mean when you speak of exclusive club and I agree with you, it makes no sense and is not at all how I feel about being a harpist (and I woudn’t fit in the club anyway!). But I’m still curious to know what other harpists think about McKennitt as a harpist, it’s the first time I see her name popping up here, I like her as an artist, expecially as a singer, but I have never seen her playing harp, so I’m just wondering…
    As for my teacher, good point, I haven’t thought about her comment in years…I should ask her about this when I get the chance (we don’t live in the same country anymore), she’s usually open minded and she always encouraged me to do what I do, or not? Hmmm…We have something to talk about I guess…
    M.

    in reply to: Loreena McKennitt Music Available #163490
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hallo,

    I’m curious about something: I remember that when I started learning harp, I said to my teacher I’d like to accompan my singing with the harp, Loreena McKennitt sort of thing, and she told me “Loreena McKennitt is a great singer but please don’t say that she’s a harpist” so I drop the subject…I mostly know (and like a lot) some old CDs from her, and there’s quite a lot harp, I have never seen her live so I don’t know how good or not good she is on the harp…You’re fans so you know, what do you think?

    M.

    in reply to: Loreena McKennitt Music Available #163489
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Barbara,

    I’ve heard that Loreena is a really good songwriter. What songs of hers would you recommend?

    in reply to: Harp Lesson! #157240
    unknown-user
    Participant

    looking acroos her (her harp is sideways,)that is not it as much as getting lost when we try to play it together… I get it then my mind looses it…. can’t find my strings to play the proper notes :-)

    in reply to: Harp Lesson! #157238
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ok so two Classes so far, we started learning a tune by watching and repeating… I am so embarrassed by this i just dont do well learning htat way, try very hard to follow but alwasy get messed up… we did the same thing last year, not sure hwy this method of learing is so difficult for me as I seem to be a visual learner… maybe it is the coordination or soemthing, the tune is a lovley Iris lulliby cant wait til next wek when we ge tthe music, it is so good to be playing hte harp again, should have never neglected it over the last 7 months…

    in reply to: Harpists without piano background #164136
    unknown-user
    Participant

    “A good online site with a free “flash card” game can be found here: Free Flash Cards“

    This is great! I’ve never heard or thought of flash cards before, it works! I’m

    in reply to: question on recording lever harp #164142
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Mickey D. I have used a similar setup to Tony’s. The main difference is that I put the treble mic on the left and the bass on the right to keep the mics from getting in the way. Also I use two small-diaphram condenser mics.

    I have also found that to control transients, the mics can be moved farther from the harp.

    Good luck!

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166416
    unknown-user
    Participant

    buenas

    le queria invitar al foro http://www.arpasgsanabria.com.py/foro/index.php

    para dejar sus comentarios de la pagina que tal les parece quisiera sus opiniones

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166415
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hola arpistas latinos

    Me presento me llamo Gustavo Sanabria y soy un luthier fabricante de arpas y guitarras de Asuncion Paraguay y me parece muy buena la idea de cambiar ideas mediante los foros, contar experiencias y anecdotas.

    Les invito a mirar mi pagina web http://www.arpasgsanabria.com.py

    cualquier duda,consulta que tengan me pueden escribir

    mi msn es charlessanabria@hotmail.com

    in reply to: what do you take to gig? #164150
    unknown-user
    Participant

    “take extra cables if you’re amplified (The sight of a stage makes
    cables break, just part of cable karma, inexplicable but inexorable as
    fate)”

    Haha! Song Sparrow, that’s so very true! As a harpist I needed aplification only once and it was ok, but as a singer I know all about stage-frightened cables! I also tend to forget about water, it always seems like a small bottle of water is something easy to find, but off-course it’s not alway so…

    M.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,371 through 2,385 (of 5,570 total)