harpcolumn

First gig…wish me luck!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists First gig…wish me luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m going to be “playing out” for the first time on the harp this Saturday at the Loch Lomond Celtic Society Highland Games and Celtic Festival in Ben Lomond, CA.

unknown-user
    Participant

Audrey,

I wish you all the best!

louise-vickerman
    Participant

Hi Audrey,

Best of Luck!!!! You’ll be fantastic, great to hear you are “gigging”, I remember doing the Ceilidhs and festivals when I was playing clarsach yonks ago, it is such a fun performance experience. You will be proud of me, this July I played a recital at the symphony’s Deer Valley Music Festival of a program of all 20thC. British harp music and decided to program a couple of selections on my clarsach (“Prelude14” by Eddie McGuire and some songs by Ronald Stevenson), I had to (embarassingly) admit to my audience that it was the first time in 25 years I had publicly performed on the clarsach, I promise it won’t be another 25 years before I do it again!

Louise

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Yay!

unknown-user
    Participant

Going to be great. Congratulations and good luck, cool and positive thoughts to you. I love the planets suite. I have always been fond of Holst and Vaughn-Williams and the early 20th ct English, impressionistic composers. (I was born just down the road from Vaughn-Williams’s house. My parents remember him in the neighbourhood) Wishing you all the very best.

Christine

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Oh my, so many wonderful things to read about! I can’t wait to get into some of the things you are all playing. I’ve played the Holst in wind ensemble but I can only imagine how wonderful it must sound when played on harps!

I love the English composers! Has anyone ever played Grainger on harp. I’ll make a guess that some of his work needs pedal harp, but maybe some on lever. Irish Tune from County Derry maybe?

Best thoughts and wishes for all of you who will be playing this weekend!

kay-lister

Audrey –

GOOD LUCK, YOU’LL DO GREAT, HAVE FUN!!!! You’ll always remember your first gig.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I’ve sung the Holst…well, that portion, anyway.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Everything went really well!

kay-lister

WAY TO GO AUDREY!!!!!!!

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

It was certainly a good place to learn to play with distractions!

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Oops…I guess there are four!

kay-lister

Audrey – Great picture – Good job girl.

Kari Q
    Participant

Hi Audrey,

First I would like to say, congratulations!

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Well, you never know!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies