Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
December 11, 2007 at 3:06 pm in reply to: Beware of internet scams involving teaching the harp. #87008
unknown-user
ParticipantI checked its ledgit.
unknown-user
ParticipantThere’s a simple explanation for this. It is awkward.
unknown-user
ParticipantCongratulations, Lisa.
unknown-user
ParticipantHello!,
Im a lurker who just wanted to chime in!
I have a cheap “ebay” harp. I bought it extra cheap used at a music store. I am fully aware that it isn’t a good harp (I have affectionately named it Crappyharp). However I am on a really really tight budget. Also I live in a tiny apartment that experiences pretty extreme temperature/moisture changes which would be very bad for a “good” harp. So those two things combined make me not care so much that I have a cheap harp. I’ve learned quite a lot on it. I also have a lovely harp teacher who is polite enough not to voice her disdain or
December 9, 2007 at 2:44 am in reply to: If I’ve only been playing harp for a year, is it likely that I can major in it? #163793unknown-user
ParticipantHi Brittany,
First of all, choosing a major is a difficult choice (in fact, most students who know what they are majoring in change at least once in their four years)
unknown-user
Participantlisten to ravenna here…
unknown-user
Participantclick here to here the ravenna…..
unknown-user
Participantyou can view all of Dusty Strings harps and music on http://www.youtube.com
Simply type in the one you want to hear. 🙂unknown-user
ParticipantHello Evangeline,
Is there a group of harpists in South Jersey who meet? I would love to play with a group. Let me know if you are open to new members.
December 6, 2007 at 8:18 pm in reply to: If I’ve only been playing harp for a year, is it likely that I can major in it? #163795unknown-user
ParticipantCheck out this CD on amazon and then make sure you click “see all” because it’s near the bottom of the page. Hope this helps !
http://www.amazon.com/Handel-Concertos-Sonatas-Bernard-Fonteny/dp/B000005E8W
unknown-user
ParticipantHello All!!!!
unknown-user
ParticipantI think I heard Corky Hale do it slowly and very “jazzy” – and it’s a nice change – sounds like you had a wonderful playing experience – and I know what you mean about tears in their eyes – I get that every now and then with my version of Unchained Melody – it’s very touching when it happens –
unknown-user
ParticipantMy wife (a lifelong musician just learning to play the harp) is searching for a harp to purchase – hopefully a one-time experience – and I have assisted in reviewing materials posted on the web, manufacturer websites, and dealers.
unknown-user
ParticipantHi – have a look at a beginners finger-style guitar book – they always have accomp patterns in different meters – (you might also find some examples online)
unknown-user
ParticipantHa ha 🙂 very interesting thread indeed. Yes maybe harp is a little more female instrument, but most of the compositions for harp are written by man!
So male and female are equal at this point… But i think that it is more beautifull sight when a female is sitting and playing the harp…
It is simply charming… 🙂 -
AuthorPosts