harpcolumn

Jingle Bells

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Jingle Bells

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

I played for the Festival of Trees a couple weeks ago and during this event (which raises money for Hospice), people

unknown-user
    Participant

I think I heard Corky Hale do it slowly and very “jazzy” – and it’s a nice change – sounds like you had a wonderful playing experience – and I know what you mean about tears in their eyes – I get that every now and then with my version of Unchained Melody – it’s very touching when it happens –

vince-pierce
    Participant

That’s wonderful…that’s the kind of thing that reminds us why we work so hard to make music.

kay-lister

Hi Hannah,

I live on the eastern shore of Maryland just about an hour from Baltimore.

Kay

Hi Hannah,

My middle school choir has sung at the Port Huron venue. 🙂

June

rod-c
    Participant

Hi Kay:

I think I may have that same CD. The one I have is “Relaxing Christmas Harp,” (produced by Brue Kurnow

kay-lister

Hi Rod,

That’s exactly the one.

kay-lister

Rod,

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!

Kay

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Kay,

This sounds like a beautiful and festive venue! I am looking for a good arrangement of “Jingle Bells,” and was wondering if you would share what arrangement you used?

Cei Cei

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi Cei Cei! How good to see you. Hope all is well.

I had a little breakthrough over the weekend that I thought some of the ultra-beginners, like me, might enjoy.

I was playing through my Sylvia Wood Christmas Carols book, very slowly as I try to do, and evidently forgot to turn over a page, and all of a sudden I realized that I had played the “HARD” version of Jingle Bells, slowly but almost perfectly!

I was so proud of myself! I think it’s important sometimes to look back. Sometimes I feel as though I’m not making any progress at all, but those are the times when I need to go back and play something that was really hard 6 months ago.

It’s been tough to maintain a playable tempo when I’m practicing because I’m so used to the tempo I’ve been listening to for so many years.

I do have hopes that by next Christmas the Sylvia Wood book and I will be really good friends!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies