unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,176 through 2,190 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Nifty gig gadgets… #111932
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ahhhh yes….music storage! I have music taking over all the surfaces in my music room and the filing cabinet in the spare room. The hubby got cranky when he went to find the rates, and came out with a file of orchestral cadenzas……

    I desperately need a bigger music cabinet and also a gadget cabinet, humidifiers, pliers and tools, strings, felts, rubber inserts, more felts, pick ups etc etc etc……

    in reply to: Nifty gig gadgets… #111929
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have wristies! They are excellent! I especially like the slit for the thumb, so that joint can move freely! And Briggs, you are so good to remember that I have small paws, they fit perfectly and I usually always have problems with gloves! Thanks 8 dogs!

    I like those carved music stands very much, I probably would have one by now if I was in the US..but have been put off by shipping it such a long way. I’m considering the Anderson stand, the wooden one that collapses down for gigs – as I am feeling like a touring circus with all my gear these days!

    in reply to: Jingle Bells #163768
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Kay,

    This sounds like a beautiful and festive venue! I am looking for a good arrangement of “Jingle Bells,” and was wondering if you would share what arrangement you used?

    Cei Cei

    in reply to: I got it. #163779
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Lisa,

    Congratulations on your new harp! The Mademoiselle is a beautiful harp. I haven’t heard this particular harp, but I know that you will enjoy the Camac sound and workmanship. I have a wonderful Clio and Aziliz, and love the sound of both. They are also so easy to play as they’re so responsive, and the projection is unbelievable.

    in reply to: Left hand/right hand limitations #86927
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Interesting point, Peawiggle.

    I also began as a piano student, and was somewhat ambidexterous as a child. So, I never had a problem with my left hand.

    What I have found is that some students feel very awkward in their left hand, more so due to hand position. On piano the left and right hand positions are indentical in height

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68907
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Mark,

    I just wanted to add that I put Bow Brand pedal light strings on a couple of Salvi pedal harps

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68906
    unknown-user
    Participant

    in reply to: Are Venus Harps as good as Lyon & Healy? #69251
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hmmmm…so I suppose if we harpists cannot talk about harps on the harp column anymore, we will have to talk about something else…Columns? That way it could be the Column Column!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

    I prefer corinthian columns to Doric or Ionic, but that is just my preference (where are those architecture students when you need them?)

    Teasing dreadfully!

    Curls.

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68905
    unknown-user
    Participant

    John John John John…..John…my naughty little pixie….

    Now you are just being naughty.. and you know what happens to naughty kiddies at Christmas…they do not get any presents from Santa…You really are a naughty little pixie that just says things to “stir the pot”..I wonder if you are bored?? So, you like pulling the pigtails of us harpists??

    Anyway, it and important topic. And as usual, your topics are always interesting to consider, even if I do not always agree with you. And you have exposed and attitude in music education that is problematic, quantity vs quality. A zillion violins instead of one harp.

    I agree with Diane, that harp is a great addition to any music program. In particular it is wonderful for schools to have harp there for chamber music with the other kids, to accompany the choir and for orchestra. It really does help young musicians develop to have access to the full range of instruments and sounds.

    Also, harps are very expensive, so few students can afford them when they are studying and so a harp in a school is a wonderful thing. It exposes so many students to harp that may never have had that opportunity otherwise, and who knows what untapped talent it out there? I would love to put more harps in schools, not less.

    As to the question of harpists bringing their own harps…I don’t consider that

    in reply to: I got it. #163778
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Lisa,

    Glad you clarified where St Petersburg is…I had this image of you hopping aeroflot flight to Russia…

    I like the look of that model, like the Prelude and the Ana it is a tasteful little thing. They all seem to have the dimensions of the design very balanced looking and professional.

    in reply to: choir and harp #85820
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Lisa! I’ll check her out!!

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68902
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ha ha ha ha ha! I agree logo make no difference! But I do think they are different harp. Different to play, feel different, string tension different, different size to sit at. And they sound very different, Salvi Daphne more contained and dark, 85 very very bright .

    I do not know what wood or where they make but are different. Is the lady at Salvi that you talk to play harp? As they are different if you play.

    in reply to: Are Venus Harps as good as Lyon & Healy? #69250
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think it is Virginia harp center that has a return policy, if you do not like a harp they send you. If you buy unseen and not like it, you have 30 days

    in reply to: I got it. #163774
    unknown-user
    Participant

    How exciting Lisa!

    I have not seen that model (in the flesh) but it looks very very nice! And the crown, well it does add a bit of “bling”! It looks a great size, and those Camac levers are really very good, smooth and quiet.

    What does your teacher, husband, pals think of it? (in no particular order!)

    Curls

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165592
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My son started asking about harp lessons when he was in third grade. My husband felt that if he ignored the requests long enough they might go away. He was concerned about teasing.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,176 through 2,190 (of 5,570 total)