harpcolumn

I got it.

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists I got it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lisa-green
    Participant

The Mademoiselle. Ebony. Brought her home late last night, sans crown, which is lagging behind. (I know some don’t like the crown, but I do.) I can’t believe she’s mine. Can’t wait to get home tonight, tune her up and start playing.

I think there’s a choir inside of her.

Lisa

unknown-user
    Participant

Congratulations, Lisa.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Congratulations!

lisa-green
    Participant

Well, I’ve been calling her Mademoiselle ever since I first met her. I guess I might need to give her something to go after that. Not sure yet.

unknown-user
    Participant

How exciting Lisa!

I have not seen that model (in the flesh) but it looks very very nice! And the crown, well it does add a bit of “bling”! It looks a great size, and those Camac levers are really very good, smooth and quiet.

What does your teacher, husband, pals think of it? (in no particular order!)

Curls

lisa-green
    Participant

Hi Curls. Actually, the bling is needed (even tho’ it appears to be a modest crown in brushed silver, or something like that); the Mademoiselle is tall and lean but has not one iota of frill.

I purchased it in St. Petersburg (FL, not Russia!), which is 3-1/2 hours away from where I live. I’d played it once before but took my husband along for his ears this time. One arpeggio and he said yup, this is the one. It really has a big, resonant sound. I called my teacher long distance and she talked me through my hyperventilating. I can’t wait for her to come over and give me her opinion. She has been just incredibly supportive.

Of course I took a picture of it and showed my buddies at work. They oohed and aahed and congratulated me, but I don’t think they really understand what it means to me. I’m the old fart here who is clueless about whatever it is they listen to–although I did manage to get a group to a happy hour where a guy was playing electric (and way too amplified) Paraguayan harp. They were skeptical about it at first, but ended up really liking it.

Lisa

Ken H.
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Lisa:

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

Glad you clarified where St Petersburg is…I had this image of you hopping aeroflot flight to Russia…

I like the look of that model, like the Prelude and the Ana it is a tasteful little thing. They all seem to have the dimensions of the design very balanced looking and professional.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

Congratulations on your new harp! The Mademoiselle is a beautiful harp. I haven’t heard this particular harp, but I know that you will enjoy the Camac sound and workmanship. I have a wonderful Clio and Aziliz, and love the sound of both. They are also so easy to play as they’re so responsive, and the projection is unbelievable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.