I got it.

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    lisa-green on #163770

The Mademoiselle. Ebony. Brought her home late last night, sans crown, which is lagging behind. (I know some don’t like the crown, but I do.) I can’t believe she’s mine. Can’t wait to get home tonight, tune her up and start playing.

I think there’s a choir inside of her.

Lisa

Participant
    unknown-user on #163771

Congratulations, Lisa.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #163772

Congratulations!

Participant
    lisa-green on #163773

Well, I’ve been calling her Mademoiselle ever since I first met her. I guess I might need to give her something to go after that. Not sure yet.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163774

How exciting Lisa!

I have not seen that model (in the flesh) but it looks very very nice! And the crown, well it does add a bit of “bling”! It looks a great size, and those Camac levers are really very good, smooth and quiet.

What does your teacher, husband, pals think of it? (in no particular order!)

Curls

Participant
    lisa-green on #163775

Hi Curls. Actually, the bling is needed (even tho’ it appears to be a modest crown in brushed silver, or something like that); the Mademoiselle is tall and lean but has not one iota of frill.

I purchased it in St. Petersburg (FL, not Russia!), which is 3-1/2 hours away from where I live. I’d played it once before but took my husband along for his ears this time. One arpeggio and he said yup, this is the one. It really has a big, resonant sound. I called my teacher long distance and she talked me through my hyperventilating. I can’t wait for her to come over and give me her opinion. She has been just incredibly supportive.

Of course I took a picture of it and showed my buddies at work. They oohed and aahed and congratulated me, but I don’t think they really understand what it means to me. I’m the old fart here who is clueless about whatever it is they listen to–although I did manage to get a group to a happy hour where a guy was playing electric (and way too amplified) Paraguayan harp. They were skeptical about it at first, but ended up really liking it.

Lisa

Participant
    Ken H. on #163776

Hi Lisa,

Participant
    andy-b on #163777

Hi, Lisa:

Participant
    unknown-user on #163778

Hi Lisa,

Glad you clarified where St Petersburg is…I had this image of you hopping aeroflot flight to Russia…

I like the look of that model, like the Prelude and the Ana it is a tasteful little thing. They all seem to have the dimensions of the design very balanced looking and professional.

Participant
    unknown-user on #163779

Hi Lisa,

Congratulations on your new harp! The Mademoiselle is a beautiful harp. I haven’t heard this particular harp, but I know that you will enjoy the Camac sound and workmanship. I have a wonderful Clio and Aziliz, and love the sound of both. They are also so easy to play as they’re so responsive, and the projection is unbelievable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.