unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What harp items did Santa bring you? #111812
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Katherine, That is an amazing harp! Cynthia

    in reply to: nylon #163137
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Bernard,

    in reply to: Does anybody have a Jan Muyllaert harp? #163703
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi again!

    Yeah, Audrey, you were right about the web address, I had it wrong in my message:)

    Seiod O’C, thanks for your reply. It seems to be virtually impossible to hear what these harps sound like without taking a trip to Ireland and to the Muyllaert workshop. At least I haven’t been able to find any sound clips in the net.

    in reply to: Christmas harps #111783
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey Rod,

    Yes, that harp of yours is seriously glamorous and enviable….if you weren’t such a pal I’d scratch your eyes out!

    You can definitely join the pre loved club! With a harp like that, how could I say no?? but I have to let you know, just coz you have a seriously fabulous harp, it will not give you special privelages and/or more voting rights in the club….you will just have to come down to the level of us plebs!

    Cheers!.

    in reply to: 2008 NEW YEAR’S HARP RESOLUTIONS #111724
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry that last post was full of typos and not entirely coherent…been a hot day here! Up in the 90’s which is really unusual, and my brain is a bit fried from running around

    in reply to: 2008 NEW YEAR’S HARP RESOLUTIONS #111723
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey Jerusha,

    Hmm, for that sort of work,

    in reply to: choir and harp #85831
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Susan,

    That sounds like such a evocative work for kids…really lovely. I’m definitely going add that to my list. And thanks to Paul for checking in with us!

    Write more works for harp, okay?? (teasing dreadfully)

    Curls.

    in reply to: choir and harp #85830
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Tacye

    Yep, I have the Rutter.. some of them do seem to be appropriate for their level and the harp part is really rather nice!

    I also found a really nice work at the Australian Music Center, by Wilcock, Southern Star –

    in reply to: Who Knows Irish #163016
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I don’t know Irish but… the harp you are thinking of is probably a replica of the Brian Boru harp or Trinity Harp. Here are a couple of links

    Original harp http://www.haverford.edu/engl/faculty/Sherman/Irish/harp.htm

    Recent Replica http://www.irishharp.org/shop/patton_trinity.htm

    I think Ann Heymann plays a Trinity on her “Harp of Gold” (gold wire strings that is) CD but I am not sure.

    in reply to: 2008 NEW YEAR’S HARP RESOLUTIONS #111722
    unknown-user
    Participant

    You definitely want a ten or fifteen minute break in the middle of two hours, or two ten minute breaks sprinkled throughout.

    My resolution is to make a cd, only my engineer didn’t want to do it in my apartment and soup it up, which makes it much more complicated and harder to pull together.

    I retroactively resolve to decide on my recital repertoire very quickly without equivocation and to practice steadily until prepared. I didn’t do that, I spent six months trying out this or that, and now I have to drop most of that and revive some old repertoire instead. That’s what usually happens, so what I worked on until now will go on next year’s program, or the year after.

    in reply to: My five-year old brother wants to learn the harp?!? #111748
    unknown-user
    Participant

    One option is a boarding school with a good music and harp program, such as Exeter, when he is older.

    in reply to: nylon #163136
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have gotten the best results with Pirastro Starke or heavy gauge nylon strings. But, they have stopped manufacturing them. We need an outcry and large number of purchasers to get them back into manufacture.

    in reply to: My ‘Wagner’ harp #68747
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Maybe that would explain the existence of two 299s. Ask Lynne Aspnes about it. Maybe I remember the wrong number, but it was close to that.

    in reply to: Tournier’s Theme and Variations #83170
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Too me it is ultra-Gothic and gloomy, very Dark Shadows. It might be perfect for an Erard.

    unknown-user
    Participant

    I would suggest practicing at a very slow tempo, and once perfect, up it by 5-8 bpm – playing at the new tempo until it is easy (no buzzing, placement, etc.).

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 5,570 total)