harpcolumn

Does anybody have a Jan Muyllaert harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Does anybody have a Jan Muyllaert harp?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hello,
    Does anybody have a harp made by Jan Muyllaert (www.irishharps.com)? I’ve sort of fallen in love with these harps and I’m almost made up my mind that I want one of them and no other, but I’d love to hear what they’re like. So, if someone has one of these beauties, could you share your experiences?

Thanks,

Nora

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Are you sure about the URL?

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Found it!

Seoid OC
    Participant

I don’t have one of Jan’s harps but I considered it and went to see his workshop a couple of years ago.

He’s not very a well known maker but his harps are relatively small, light and do sound very pretty if not especially loud (if I recall correctly).

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi again!

Yeah, Audrey, you were right about the web address, I had it wrong in my message:)

Seiod O’C, thanks for your reply. It seems to be virtually impossible to hear what these harps sound like without taking a trip to Ireland and to the Muyllaert workshop. At least I haven’t been able to find any sound clips in the net.

Seoid OC
    Participant

Maybe you should head over to Scotland for the Edinborough harp festival at the end of March?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.