harpcolumn

Christmas harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Christmas harps

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    rod-anderson
    Participant

Hi, Curls,

May I join your pre-loved harpist club?

andy-b
    Participant

Is that the Horngacher she’s playing on the cover of her CD with picture of her in a flowing gold gown? If it is, it’s beautiful!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hey Rod,

Yes, that harp of yours is seriously glamorous and enviable….if you weren’t such a pal I’d scratch your eyes out!

You can definitely join the pre loved club! With a harp like that, how could I say no?? but I have to let you know, just coz you have a seriously fabulous harp, it will not give you special privelages and/or more voting rights in the club….you will just have to come down to the level of us plebs!

Cheers!.

brook-boddie
    Participant

Rod and Andy,

Would you believe that I have actually met Susan Drake?

unknown-user
    Participant

Andy, The Clio is stunning in ebony! I have a Clio too. They have an amazing sound and projection.

rod-anderson
    Participant

Andy,

I don’t know – the only CDs I have of Susan don’t have her picture!

rod-anderson
    Participant

Curly, you say such nice things!

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Rod:

Just got home so I could check the CD and the website…it looks like the same harp to me! The CD is entitled “Arabesque: Romantic Harp Music of the 19th Century”. It’s my favorite cover…solid black background with Susan Drake playing the harp, and she’s wearing this figured, flowing gold gown that perfectly complements the harp and spills onto the floor around her.

andy-b
    Participant

Thanks, Cynthia! What finish are your harps in? I usually go for something with a vivid grain, but this one really spoke to me, and I do love it in ebony, too!

unknown-user
    Participant

“Curly would kill for one.”

Yep, beg, borrow, steal, sell my soul…all of that. Maybe I just need to get a job in Germany so I’m earning Euros and can afford to buy one that way..as the exchange rate destroys any chance of ever affording one from this part of the world…

I once had this bold and cunning plan that I would get them to repair an old

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Andy, My Prelude is in mahogany, the Aziliz is in natural maple with a curly maple veneer on the soundboard, the Clio is in pearwood, which is similar in color to maple with a slight pink overtone.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.