Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 9, 2013 at 4:38 pm in reply to: What to place under your harp while performing, practicing, that glides on hardwood floors? #77312
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberI never knew that Savlis had wheels on them,. I even went to the show room a few weeks ago and played some (for the first time) and didn’t know it haha. Does anyone mind posting a pic (if possible)? I’m curious as to where the placement is and whatnot and just cause I hadn’t noticed them before.
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberI just downloaded Firefox and NOW I can see them >.> things like this make me question how much I’m missing out on, on the internet hahah. Had you not responded mentioning it being on their site, I would have never known what I was missing..
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberGAHHH NOW THE 11 IS UP!?!!?? What the heck, what browser are you using!?
This is killing me, I want to know all about both of them lol or what they put on the site! I check L&H probably daily lol
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberI’ve tried opening it on Chrome and Internet Explorer
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberNoooo, I don’t see it on there :/ :/ :/
Maybe I’m living in an alternate dimension where it doesn’t exist 🙁
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberHi Jimmy,
Where do you see the 150 on the L&H site? I don’t see a picture and I don’t see it on their “Pedal Harps” page. I’d like to see a pic of it
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberI agree with you Lyn.
I’ve followed this campaign for the last few months and initially she wanted to raise $10,000 for a Petite Chicago 40 from L&H, then when that campaign failed and only brought in like..$20 I think, she relaunched the campaign and made her goal bigger (either $14,000 or $20,000?) but then in that last video she said she had raised over $1,000 so far and still had $8,000 left to raise…so I guess shes just going for whatever she can get? There are 2 weeks left in her campaign…
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberI’ve heard good things about harpsicle harps.
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberMichelle, I totally agree with you. I picked up and moved out of CA on my own last year and have struggled almost the whole year I’ve been in Chicago just to make ends meet and get on my own feet out here. I don’t ask for help from my friends or parents or people on the internet. I’m a very VERY independent person and this whole campaign bothers me, every time I see a new post from her. I wanted to learn harp, so I found my own way to get one. I plan on buying a pedal harp and I know that will take years but I’ve started saving for one, ON MY OWN. NOT by asking for handouts.
On that note… apparently we’re all lollygagging because there is a pedal harp out there to be fully funded…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ0HdY6ukug#t=53
And one other thing, I wouldn’t contribute to these internet campaigns because where is all of this money gonna go when she doesn’t raise the other $8,000+?
tracey-kjonegaard
Memberhahahah oh man, I didn’t really think about it but now that you’ve said it, I bet being a nurse, you’ve seen it all. Or it sure sounds like it 😛
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberI understand. I would think that someone wanting to have a harpist at their wedding, their wedding would be somewhat of a traditional/classic style of a wedding. And when I think of that, I’m sure someone with that type of taste (for their wedding) would prefer a “traditional” looking harpist- if that makes sense..lol, aka sans body modification. I was just curious what other peoples input was.
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberI know this is a fairly old thread but I was reading through and it brought up something I was curious about.
What do you guys know/think about tattoos and piercings in the harp world? I can imagine there would be many instances where it wouldn’t seem appropriate (for instance, I’m sure it would be a lot harder for someone with full sleeve tattoos to get wedding gigs, over someone that has ink free skin).
I’ve always felt like I wouldn’t let any tattoos I have (or intend to get) interfere with a job or career…or rather, every job/career I’ve been interested in or worked has accepted tattoos and piercings and not been an issue, so far.
I guess I’m asking because when I’m making my own music and play gigs and stuff eventually (yes, I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN) I, in general, never really care what people think of me or how I look or whatever. I figure if people are there to see me play, they’re interested in me as a musician or for my music, not just to critique my appearance.
But I would like to play weddings and try to make some sort of part time work out of that. Has anyone had experience or stories about this and having tattoos/piercings or know anyone that has? I’d just be curious to hear what every has to say or what you all think. Is it really unprofessional to have visible body modification or do people in the harp world seem to be becoming more accepting of it as our times change? Would clients understand if you make an effort to cover them with your choice of outfit/clothing at the gig?
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberI should add that I feel like I’m really tense when I’m trying to focus on firm placement and I don’t think thats how I should be playing lol. I know I should be relaxed but I don’t know, maybe I’m just getting frustrated.
tracey-kjonegaard
MemberWould this be considered a field recorder? I was looking into getting one too. I don’t know too much about them but I do want something I could take out (away from my computer) and record. Right now I have a USB mic to record directly to my computer.
Advice anyone!?tracey-kjonegaard
MemberHi everyone,
I just talked to Nancy at L&H because I just saw it yesterday and was still curious about it! Anyway, she told me that the soundboard is a decal but the artist did a lot of hand embellishing on it! She said the flowers he added look almost iridescent blueish/white!
She had told me that Style 11s have always been made in gold and then they started making the natural ones which became popular and so now they’ve started making the Nouveau w/ the painting on them. The price listed on the site is $39,000 and she said they’re already quite popular! Not sure if the price will change when they actually release it, or really when they will release it. It sounded like maybe they already sold a copule, or perhaps just a lot of people seem interested?
I wish I had paid more attention to the detail while I was there :/ Now I guess thats just another excuse for me to go back!
-
AuthorPosts