tracey-kjonegaard

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: STOLEN! #112941

    Also, I keep an ax next to my bed >.>

    in reply to: STOLEN! #112940

    Awesome! I wish I could put up something like that on my apartment. But, its an apartment, I’m renting. I live in the basement unit so I’m always scared someone will kick in my window AC. I have a lot of expensive music instruments and memorabilia but luckily I have a roommate who is here sometimes when I’m not. And the area we live in is decent. Not the nicest but it could definitely get a lot worse (especially here in Chicago). Now that you all know this, I hope no one tries to find out where I live lol.

    in reply to: Painted Style 11 #77270

    Ahh okay! I thought I remembered seeing “Nouveau” or something, I remember glancing at the tag and it probably said that on there. I didn’t think to look at their pricing page, I just didn’t see it in their pedal harp selection on the site.

    Definitely stunning. Such a gorgeous harp. Do you know if the soundboard is painted too? I’m kicking myself that I didn’t pay more attention to this one. I hardly ever get to go down there and now that I’ve left, I’m sitting at home wishing I would’ve asked more about it!!!!!!!!!

    in reply to: STOLEN! #112938

    Thats terrible, I always get an uneasy feeling opening my door after coming back from a vacation. I know this kind of stuff can happen anywhere and I can’t even imagine what it feels like to come home and find someone has been in your house and taken some of your most valuable and/or prized possessions. I hope they can find whomever is responsible.

    in reply to: STOLEN! #112936

    I would assume out of her house?

    in reply to: I said yes to the harp! #77266

    Ah wow that is awesome! I’m going to L&H today, sooo excited! I was hoping to try some of the Chicago line, I thought Nancy had said that they have a Concertino there (which is what I was really hoping to try out) but that was a week or so ago so maybe its been sold :/ Nonetheless, I’m still excited.

    I’m so glad you had a wonderful trip and ended up finding what you wanted when you came out here! I didn’t even see that 15 on their website. You should take more pics when you get it! I’d love to see more of it 🙂 I always wanted to play a 15.

    in reply to: Song in your head #112896

    Jennifer THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Ahh I haven’t heard this in so long.

    Thank you thank you thank you!

    in reply to: Song in your head #112893

    Kay, I didn’t realize what song that was but I looked it up lol. No, its not that song though but I can definitely see the similarities.

    Its some classical piece. I wish I had a piano so I could actually do it some justice or something. I could play it a lot better on piano than harp. I’m still new to harp lol.

    Thanks for listening though 😛

    in reply to: Song in your head #112890

    Also, this is sort of related. I’ve had this song stuck in my head that I can’t figure out what it is. I know I learned it years ago on piano when I was a lot younger. I tried to pluck it out on harp (mostly just the right hand melody) but no ones been able to tell me what it is. Does anyone recognize it?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEy1Hw8bE9o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    in reply to: Song in your head #112889

    Right now I have this harp song that I’m working on in my head like 24/7, but for obvious reasons. Other than that, I listen to A LOT of Joanna Newsom and if you’re familiar with her, “In California” has been in my head ever since I went to CA to see my family last week 😛

    in reply to: How to transcribe #60378

    Wow thanks so much! I’ll definitely look into this as well!

    in reply to: How to transcribe #60376

    Thank you Tony!!! Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!! I’ll definitely pick up those two books and take your advice 🙂

    in reply to: Messages on forum #112882

    I agree with you, I forget to check that a lot. Granted, I am new to this forum so I figured maybe I wasn’t used to checking my MusicStand everyday but I wish there was a way to be more aware of messages. Or perhaps theres a feature to send you an email when you get a new message?

    I’d still like to see another issue with Joanna Newsom in it. It has been 6 years since she was featured in it and her music has changed a lot since then. She has an album coming out (supposedly) in November. I’m sure theres a lot there that could make for a pretty great interview and issue 🙂

    Also, I’d buy like 10 copies 😛

    in reply to: How to transcribe #60374

    Wow, thanks for the lengthy and insightful response! I hopefully in the (very) distant future could use your advise but honestly at the moment, I’m just struggling with the very first part- actually taking my song and putting it on a music staff lol. I lack theory and I know thats something that I would really like to learn more so that I understand it and how to write my own music but for now, I have a 5 minute song and I want to write it down lol.

    As someone with an understanding of basic theory, I’m just wondering if there are any references anyone could recommend on learning how to put my song onto paper, anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 144 total)