harpcolumn

no reason to not fund my campaign ??

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break no reason to not fund my campaign ??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Apologizing in advance if this strikes controversy but..

Anyone else think this is a bit ridiculous?

http://dinoharpist.blogspot.com/2013/07/no-excuses-not-to-fund-my-indiegogo.html?m=1

I saw it on tumblr (a blogging community) this morning and it kind of pissed me off..

I guess I’m just a bit offended because it took me awhile to be able to afford to rent my Ogden from L&H and I’ll be expecting to save up for probably a couple years before I could ever afford a pedal harp, when I’m ready to invest in it.
    But thats what a harp is…an investment. Not a handout.
    Sorry but yes I do have an excuse to NOT fund your campaign, I work fulltime and go to school and any extra money I have I’d rather put towards owning my own harp, not to your campagin. Especially when you seem a bit ungrateful to even own your harp in the first place and expect other people to hand you $14,000 to purchase a brand new harp. What do you guys think about this?

kay-lister

Tracey,

I accidently stumbled across a youtube of this individual . . . You might want to check it out as I think it might put some light on the subject – well it did for me anyway and that’s all I’ll say about that.

I am in TOTAL agreement with you.

Kay

Tracey,
    Sherry Konkus is a poster on harpcolumn.com, and she is the one who is trying to raise money. I just clicked on your link above. That blog post from her was actually calm, compared to a past post where she cursed at the harpists on harpcolumn.com because they didn’t give her any money.

I’ve seen a few of her youtube videos promoting this campaign and all I got from it was that she wants to learn pedal harp and she had one before and then had to return it and we should give her money to buy a brand new Chicago CG lol.

Maria, I haven’t seen posts from her but it amazes me that people can really act like that. Maybe I’ll search around here a bit and see if I can find some past posts from her lol.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

All right. I confess. It was I who wrote the post you guys are upset about. It was a rant I put down expressing my frustrations on how everything I did to afford getting a pedal harp was all for nothing and how I’m getting no help at all from people who seem to not really care. And no, I didn’t curse all of you when I first tried to ask for support in donations. All I did was say, that anyone who says that begging for money is bad should tell that to all those who launched online donation campaigns for any reason and successfully raised funds. Then I said that anyone who don’t understand what I’m going through should step into my shoes. If you do that, you would experience the same feelings I’m experiencing now. No, I did not curse anyone of you when you refused to support me. I just simply asked for support and you guys in one way or another said “no” and I respected you guys’ decision although I wish you all would understand what I was struggling with and still is struggling with now. I thought when I first set up an online campaign to accept donations, I thought there will be thoughtful people here who will be willing to help me achieve my lifelong goal of owning a pedal harp. My mistake. Instead I got negative responses that compelled me to think twice before asking for any more help from you guys on this site. I didn’t mean to offend anyone here by what I wrote on my blog and I’m sorry. I was only trying to get crowdfunding support to raise 14K to purchase a pedal harp by my 40th birthday which I’ll be celebrating within less than 2 weeks.

If you want to know what crowdfunding is, read here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

Here is the link to Sherry’s thread that supports what I said above: http://www.harpcolumn.com/forums/coffee-break/posts/21517

Sherry edited the original blog post that I took the quotation from.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

And I also edited the latest post on my DinoHarpist Site as well. Click the link again and see that I edited the post by eliminating the phrase “There’s no excuse for not funding my Indiegogo Campaign” and replacing it with “My Indiegogo Campaign will succeed!” I’m sorry that my first version of the post have offended everyone here. I only want to get help in raising money to purchase the Chicago CG to serve as a special companion to me and to my small harp “Curtis” and staging crowdfunding online campaigns is the only way for me to do it.

Despite what Tracey claimed, I am, too grateful for having a small harp to own. “Curtis” and I every other Saturday would go do harp music performances at my local farmer’s market, entertaining people while they shop for localized items. I’ve done a lot of Youtube videos playing Curtis as well. I really enjoy his company and the sound of music that he makes, talk to him a lot of times, watched TV together, treat him like family, show him a lot of love, kiss him goodnight before him and I went to bed, and a few times I even took him around town to enjoy some scenery. Honestly If I’m ungrateful for having “Curtis”, as Tracey claimed, I would’ve throw him away and not play music on him at all. But no, that’s not what I do to Curtis.

Curtis is family, why should I be ungrateful to him? Especially when he’s proven to be a huge help in keeping my practice skills up and helping me to raise money to buy my own pedal harp. He’ll continue to support me all the way right after I get my pedal harp. I’ll use both the pedal harp, Curtis, and the 33 string Grand Harpsicle I also plan to get to make music that people will enjoy and be inspired by. Don’t say that I am ungrateful to Curtis when I am really pleased and grateful to have Curtis be a part of my life.

Please accept my apologies for what I first wrote on my blog post.

You also need to admit that the comment that you made above on this thread, “No I did not curse anyone of you when you refused to support me” is untrue. You said about the harpists on this forum the following remark in the post that I linked to : “Yet, all these nasty harpists has some nerve to go in and say that my article is bad, tasteless, and it’s a joke. If they think my article is bad and asking you for money to buy a pedal harp is tasteless, screw them!” “Screw them” is a phrase of profanity/cursing, and you should have never used it in the first place and shouldn’t have denied in this thread that you did it.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot. You’re right. I did say that and I apologize. Thank you for reminding me of that. Yes, I did curse you awhile back. That’s because I became mad and lost my temper over the fact that you guys denied me help when I asked for your help for the very first time and you said “no.” Now that you reminded me about it, I now admit that what I said was wrong. Please accept my apologies for cursing at you all and denying I did it. I won’t ask for anything like that again. I’ll see to finding better ways to afford getting my own pedal harp without going about begging people for money.

andee-craig
    Participant

Sherry, I think for the most part everyone here wishes you the very best and we do hope you can realize your dream some day.

It’s just that, these days, charities come at us from every direction. They stop us on the street, they send us requests through the mail, they knock on our doors when we are having dinner. Even our jobs asks us for money! (I work for a charity and they are cheeky enough to ask their own employees to donate money even though most of us work through our lunch breaks and come in early and leave late, none of that we get paid for.) And of course they are *all* good causes!

Also in this economy we are all struggling to make ends meet. To put enough good food on the table and to educate our kids (if we have them),to keep our cars running, our homes from falling apart (if we are lucky enough to own one!), and our basic bills paid and ourselves out of debt. Many of us have and do sacrifice much in order to rent a harp / have music lessons. That’s why people get angry (at the worst) or annoyed (at the very least).

I do hope you find a way and wish you (and everyone on this forum) abundance now and in the future.

andee-craig
    Participant

David, I just want to echo what Kay has said about Sherry (with all due respect, Sherry). If you check out her videos you will understand what we mean. I believe Sherry does work, but perhaps is a bit more limited than most of us. I think kindness rather than anger is better expressed.

D W
    Participant

oh I’m not angry but emm hmm

andee-craig
    Participant

Yeah, that’s cool David. 🙂

I watched one of the videos as well before I posted. I considered what I was saying to be a teaching moment, given that I believe that Sherry understands the difference between right and wrong.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

Here, here. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies