Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,336 through 1,350 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: GOOD AND BAD STUDENTS #87414
    Tacye
    Participant

    This brings up a point I have been thinking about for a while- what proportion of students, at any level, will go on to be professional musicians, particularly classical performers?

    in reply to: PLACING IN SEQUENCE #87426
    Tacye
    Participant

    My first teacher called it spider walking…

    in reply to: Are Pakistani Harps still as bad as people say? #160082
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have just promised attempt to put one which is about a year old into order- for use in science education purposes- and it is the same quality as older ones I have seen.

    in reply to: GOOD AND BAD TEACHERS #83945
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would like to add that a good teacher will know his or her limitations.

    in reply to: GOOD AND BAD TEACHERS #84658
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would like to add that a good teacher will know his or her limitations.

    in reply to: GOOD AND BAD TEACHERS #85168
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would like to add that a good teacher will know his or her limitations.

    in reply to: Help please: High School Level Harp Parts #83508
    Tacye
    Participant

    I found that pieces were never chosen on the playability of the harp part- if the other parts were playable the harp had to cope. My first season of County Youth Orchestra we immolated Brunhilda; while the harp section didn’t quite collapse in flames it was a near thing…

    Other potentials are the Romeo and Juliet Overture and Brahms Requiem.

    in reply to: Border Harps, George Leverett Harps, Stoney End?? #164321
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have both a 25 string Border ‘knee’ harp and a Stoney End Eve. My Border does good service as a hire harp for beginners, has a nice reliable sound and response though is very large and chunky for its range (it has however withstood being knocked over and other such hazards). I have never felt much desire to play it myself. The Eve is much brighter sounding and louder and I can carry it on a bicycle and support it on my calves to play allowing me to sit on a normal chair and not fuss with stools or such… The Eve came with Loveland levers while the ‘hooks’ on the Border were a frustrating pain and I replaced them- the cam lever option will be worth it.

    in reply to: MeadoWind 36 Harp #164433
    Tacye
    Participant

    Another option that has not been mentioned is the Waring ‘cardboard’ harp.

    in reply to: Rocking Harp #87663
    Tacye
    Participant

    You could always get her to sit with a book or something balanced on her head.

    in reply to: Manly Harps #102232
    Tacye
    Participant

    The Pilgrim Canterbury is definitely masculine to me- their Salisbury too.

    in reply to: String Breakage ? #164610
    Tacye
    Participant

    Kelly, I would definitely advise you to get something to measure humidity- my little gadget records the maximum and minimum temperature and humidity since I last reset it which is great as I know what has happened when I am not around.

    in reply to: String Breakage ? #164598
    Tacye
    Participant

    What you need is the first harp I hired- it simply ate strings (I think it broke three the first week I had it) though was great otherwise, so I got used to replacing strings young and haven’t been bothered by it since.

    in reply to: Carbon Fiber Concert Harps….Please soon! #68391
    Tacye
    Participant

    But Saul, you like Nylon strings, and they are certainly plastic…

    in reply to: Where do the bad harp go? #73688
    Tacye
    Participant

    How can you tell if it is worth fixing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,336 through 1,350 (of 1,469 total)