harpcolumn

Harp being sold on ebay with a broken neck!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp being sold on ebay with a broken neck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Owosso Harpist
    Participant

Unless the buyer can afford to replace the neck, what is the point of putting a harp for sale when it has a broken neck on it? Check out this Russian harp being sold on ebay and you’ll wonder why.

andy-b
    Participant

I saw that harp…it’s sad to see a harp in such a state. It looks to have been a pretty little harp, originally. But you’re right, isn’t the starting bid $1,000?

Andy

unknown-user
    Participant

I was thinking that the finish of the harp and the condition of the pedals looked pretty newish, and it got me to wondering if it had been damaged in transit and was grabbed up by an auction service to see if anyone would give a something for it on speculation.

Then I saw the “damaged” violin bow and decided

Charles
    Participant

I would SO snap up this broken necked harp if it were priced lower.

But i’m sure the rest of the instrument is worth more than what they are asking.

I also wondered how the neck ended up busted like that?

Looks like a pretty clean break to me. Leads me to think it was not laminated wood that was used for the neck

Tacye
    Participant

Second hand harps of that model tend to sell for £5000 over here.

unknown-user
    Participant

Funny thing- I just used the link to look again, and the picture flipped to “bidding ended”.

Charles
    Participant

Yes that was very fishy it just vanished I’m sad now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.