Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Bent string? #72352
    Tacye
    Participant

    My first teacher came from a very different school of harp stringing from yours!

    in reply to: Bent string? #72350
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would leave it on.

    in reply to: Schweiso and Erard Grecian #150440
    Tacye
    Participant

    Schweiso was Erard’s foreman before setting up on his own.

    in reply to: Sharping levers sharping too much! What do I do? #74565
    Tacye
    Participant

    If the string length and pitch are fixed then the tension of a string is proportional to its mass.

    in reply to: Looking for a syllabus, help! #150532
    Tacye
    Participant

    It is worth stating that ABRSM syllabi, and probably the others which
    have been mentioned are examination syllabi only- this is quite
    different from a study syllabus (which is what I believe Saul is referring to).

    in reply to: Looking for a syllabus, help! #150526
    Tacye
    Participant

    The ABRSM diploma syllabi are on their website somewhere.

    in reply to: Harp case? #108342
    Tacye
    Participant

    Is the harp case you are using one designed for your model of harp?

    in reply to: College Practicing… #159318
    Tacye
    Participant

    Do you need to practice in that room?

    in reply to: Petrini – Les Follies d’Espagne #150619
    Tacye
    Participant
    in reply to: Practiced Musician, New Harpist? #159313
    Tacye
    Participant

    Hi Natalie,
    There are many great places to study harp if you are interested in pedal harp, especially primarily classical music (Paris, New York…) but fewer places offer folk or historical performance.
    Not studying harp at university need not prevent you becoming a professional harpist- you just need to play well: three of my university friends who are now professional harpists studied respectively Celtic studies, biology and teaching.

    in reply to: Context #84046
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would have suggested the opposite about size of context and size of country.

    in reply to: Context #84759
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would have suggested the opposite about size of context and size of country.

    in reply to: Context #85269
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would have suggested the opposite about size of context and size of country.

    in reply to: Stringing Us Along #72005
    Tacye
    Participant

    The ‘silk’ in the wire strings I have tested by holding to a match (I think they were Bow and Salopian) was something artificial- probably polyfilament nylon.

    in reply to: Distance from Bridge Pin to Tuning Pin #74623
    Tacye
    Participant

    No that doesn’t make sense… the tension

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,469 total)