Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: String breakage #74337
    Tacye
    Participant

    How stable are the temperature, and particularly humidity, overnight?

    in reply to: String Tying Woes #159202
    Tacye
    Participant

    Many of the harp string sellers will be able to tell you the gauges of strings for your harp- but you need to tell them what sort of harp you have.

    in reply to: String Tying Woes #159193
    Tacye
    Participant

    I suggest to students that the broken string should be used to practice tying the knot until it is under their fingers before embarking on the real thing with a new string.

    in reply to: Burgandy vs Bow Strings, or other #74415
    Tacye
    Participant

    I find that some different brands of strings sound slightly different and it often irritates me to have one different string in the middle of an octave.

    in reply to: string ? #74433
    Tacye
    Participant

    I just went to my L&H and played with the 4th G.

    in reply to: Afraid to move it! #108211
    Tacye
    Participant

    Can you put a heavy box on the trolley for a dry run or three?

    in reply to: string ? #74431
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have been thinking about this from the physics point of view some more.

    in reply to: Following the conductor #150412
    Tacye
    Participant

    I suggest you mark up your part with cues you will find useful- especially the vocal cues coming out of pause or recitative bars for instance and before your entries.

    in reply to: Changing the range on a lap harp #74400
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am confused, is the Eire strung with pedal nylon or folk nylon?

    Unless I have done something stupid in the maths- which is entirely
    possible- to keep the tension on a string the same for every semitone
    you lower the pitch of the strings you can increase the diameter by 6%.

    in reply to: Changing the range on a lap harp #74395
    Tacye
    Participant

    What does your harp sound like if you simply tune it a semitone or tone flat?

    in reply to: plus sign in harp notation #74458
    Tacye
    Participant

    If, however, you are looking at old music it may mean something different.

    in reply to: Context #84053
    Tacye
    Participant

    Cuba also offers a significant programme of eye surgery.

    in reply to: Context #84766
    Tacye
    Participant

    Cuba also offers a significant programme of eye surgery.

    in reply to: Context #85276
    Tacye
    Participant

    Cuba also offers a significant programme of eye surgery.

    in reply to: Bent string? #72356
    Tacye
    Participant

    When I did it (Once. I believe in trying things out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,469 total)