harpcolumn

Looking for a syllabus, help!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Looking for a syllabus, help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Esperanza Martin
    Participant

Hi! my name is Esperanza Martín, Im

You can find the Royal Conservatory of Music Harp Syllabus online and download the whole thing.

rod-anderson
    Participant

Another good place to look is the ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) website in the UK.

Esperanza Martin
    Participant

Thanks Elizabeth and Rod for your help!

Does anyone know any for the superior level???

Tacye
    Participant

The ABRSM diploma syllabi are on their website somewhere.

rod-anderson
    Participant

For higher levels, look at http://www.abrsm.org/?page=exams/diplomas, and follow links for performance.

I have such a list, especially for upper levels. I do not recommend the ABRSM syllabus. It has too little serious music on it, and it doesn’t progress very evenly from level to level, it seems to me.

Esperanza Martin
    Participant

Hi Saul,

No, a syllabus is a rare thing in the harp world. Each teacher has their own routine. The Salzedo pedagogy is also different.

Esperanza,

Tacye
    Participant

It is worth stating that ABRSM syllabi, and probably the others which
    have been mentioned are examination syllabi only- this is quite
    different from a study syllabus (which is what I believe Saul is referring to).

tonya-a
    Participant

I have such a list, especially for upper levels.

Saul, would you be willing to share your list?

It’s a work in progress. I sent Esperanza some different ones. I also have a copy of a Salzedo syllabus from around the 1940s. The main emphasis is on using music by major composers and very little by harpists.

unknown-user
    Participant

Its not a syllabus by any means, but you might find some guidance by looking at repertoire for past competitions… the levels would be very exact and would not necessarily flow evenly from one to another, but it these competitions give an entire range of pieces.

I’d recommend the AHS national competitions, Lily Laskine, Nippon, Israel, USA international, and any others if you stumble upon them.

~Sam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics