harpcolumn

Petrini – Les Follies d’Espagne

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Petrini – Les Follies d’Espagne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Hi,

It seems to me I saw it somewhere. Keep looking, try a library.

Tacye
    Participant

I’m fairly sure there are quite a few pieces for flute, harp and strings. Whether they rise to the level of concerti is another matter. The old ASCAP printed catalog is a good source as it lists instrumentation. I have heard a Haydn Concerto in G Minor for Violin and Harpsichord played quite well on flute and harp. However, the Mozart being a 30-minute concerto, I have to wonder why the need for a companion piece, as it is fairly exhausting to perform…

The Panufnik would be my top choice, and I’m glad to see it listed here. What is particularly significant about it is that it is one of his symphonies, quite an honor for us, and it is a wonderful work. I am also familiar with the Cowell, which seems interesting, very diatonic in style.

Actually, the Sicilienne from Faure’s Pelleas et Melisande would be an excellent companion piece, being mostly flute and harp, and the Menuet from Bizet’s L’Arlesienne could likewise or also be done as a mini-concerto. Could the Bruch Scottish Rhapsody be arranged for flute? Would we want it to be?

Doing the Faure and Bizet with the Mozart would be plenty! But if you want a full concert, add the Panufnik, too.

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Thankee most kindly :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics