harpcolumn

College Practicing…

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists College Practicing…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

Hi All,

I was hoping I could get some feedback–Here’s my situation: I’m a college student with no harp. Prior to college and during summers, I rent a pedal harp, but then always return it after summer’s over. I can practice at the harp at school, however, the room it’s in is constantly being used by music professors for lessons, so I only get to practice 3 times a week. As you all know, a harpist without a harp is not a fun position…My parents and I currently do not have the funds to purchase a pedal harp, as they get to be quite pricey. Would it be a good idea to purchase a lever harp first to practice on, or should I save up the money and just wait a while…? I’m totally clueless…Please help!

Thanks,

Brittany

Is it possible for you to find more time to

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Would you have the room to keep a fair-sized lever harp in your dorm room? (I’m assuming you live on campus, as you’d just keep renting your usual pedal harp if you were living at home).

Tacye
    Participant

Do you need to practice in that room?

barbara-brundage
    Participant

I would presume that as a student allowed to use the school harp you must be taking lessons from a teacher there. Have you just asked about whether there’s a way to increase time or, if the harp is just present in the room but not used, to move it into another room when other instruments are being taught there?

In any case, if you have a teacher, he or she can answer your question about the lever harp far better than we can, since that’s the person who knows what repertoire you’re playing and at what level.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies