Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tacye
ParticipantThe total length of string will have an effect on the tuning.
Tacye
ParticipantI have wondered the same thing about pianos for some time.
I am not sure what the spacing is on these:
http://www.musikhaus-fackler.de/fisherharps/harps/harpsf.htmTacye
ParticipantSalopian manufacture wires and sell gut and nylon.
Bow Brand sell nylon too, and I presume make it.
Elysian is I believe the name Morley’s use to rebrand things.
Tacye
ParticipantHi Maria,
I had a Pilgrim Progress when I was learning, and several friends have also played them.Tacye
ParticipantIndeed- I think that looks great fun- the first time anyway.
Tacye
ParticipantI cannot obviously predict how your instructor will react, people being people, but I can reassure you that the back of a harp is not one of the most critical areas.
Tacye
ParticipantYou might find inspiration here:
http://www.eleanorturner.com/harpduo.htm
There is a link to repertoire at bottom right.Tacye
ParticipantThis thread is reminding me of when I was learning and decided never to miss a harmonic again.
Tacye
ParticipantHave you tried the AB’s own publications and website?
Tacye
ParticipantHave you tried the AB’s own publications and website?
Tacye
ParticipantHave you tried the AB’s own publications and website?
Tacye
ParticipantThere is a difference between what a soloist performing with an orchestra can do successfully and what I would want to hear a single instrumentalist in the orchestra doing.
I am not a big fan of amplification usually; it has its place of course, but my personal opinion is that it is overused and too often poorly done.
Tacye
ParticipantThat would almost certainly have been an automatic virus..
Tacye
ParticipantIt is quite likely that these messages have not been sent out to all and sundry.
Tacye
ParticipantGenerally the easiest harps to learn on and those recommended to beginners who don’t yet know which way they will want to go with their music are 34 string floor harps with full levers- at least in the UK.
-
AuthorPosts