Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tacye
ParticipantIf the harp is worth whatever its asking price is now I don’t see why it
should be worth that much less in a years time- the difference would be
that you are a private seller rather than a dealer with resources and
reputation.Tacye
ParticipantA few weeks ago you wrote that the Signature was not right for you.
December 3, 2010 at 6:15 pm in reply to: lap harp advice – which harp (in the UK), best beginner’s music #72875Tacye
ParticipantNothing quite as small that I can think of that is readily available in this country (I am pretty sure there are people who could custom make one though).
Tacye
ParticipantAlmost certainly it will be possible to make the harp playable again.
December 2, 2010 at 7:37 pm in reply to: Awaiting arrival of first harp. Have several questions #158109Tacye
ParticipantHi Sheila, it sounds like you have fairly realistic expectations of this instrument, I hope it starts something for you which goes much further!
Tacye
ParticipantHi Peter, There are some tutorials on youtube which are linked from the Teifi website which are worth looking at.
http://www.welsh-harps.com/harp_playing_lessons_video.phpUnless you have one already you will almost certainly want an electronic tuner to help you keep the instrument in tune.
December 2, 2010 at 6:52 pm in reply to: Awaiting arrival of first harp. Have several questions #148997Tacye
ParticipantSheila,
Tacye
ParticipantI haul my 85CG around with a reasonable amount of abandon on a 3 wheel trolley- when I lived up one flight of domestic stairs I got it up and down by myself.
December 1, 2010 at 5:57 pm in reply to: lap harp advice – which harp (in the UK), best beginner’s music #72873Tacye
ParticipantThere are lots of ways of holding ‘lap’ harps.
Tacye
ParticipantThere is also the Welsh Gypsy harp music as played by Robin Huw Bowen.
Tacye
Participant12850 probably means it was made in the late 1990s as the serial number is
not too far off mine.Tacye
ParticipantPlay it, or clap it, and see if it sounds better with two accents per bar as 2/4 or four accents (of uneven strength) as 4/8.
Tacye
ParticipantIf the uneven bit of the string is towards the bottom reversing it may well put it up above the nut where is it not part of the sounding length and does no harm.
Tacye
ParticipantHi Jade,
I would advise you to make sure you are learning ideally on a harp which has pedal tension strings (and preferably gut strings as this is what most pedal harps have) with a teacher who will teach you orchestral technique. You can hire lever harps with this sort of stringing.Tacye
ParticipantThe 1st note to the 4th note of the major scale is a perfect 4th.
-
AuthorPosts