harpcolumn

Awaiting arrival of first harp. Have several questions

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Awaiting arrival of first harp. Have several questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sheila reiss
    Participant

I have just purchased my first harp. I am awaiting it’s arrival. I have played classical piano for 44 years. I know music. I have always wanted to attempt to play the harp. However, I currently have financial restraints. I have purchased a 12 string Celtic Baby Harp. (octave 1/2..obviously). I have not seen sheet music online for this instrument. All of the music I have looked at is for at least 19 strings. Of course I could somewhat manipulate the music to compensate, but that would be time consuming. Are there any publications specific for 12 string beginner harp? Would you consider a 12 string lap harp a credible learning instrument? Your response would be greatly appreciated. I envy the enjoyment you all must attain from playing this instrument. I
    have had the wonderful experience of the piano for so many years. I am now very excited to begin this new musical adventure! Thank you in advance.

Tacye
    Participant

Sheila,

sheila reiss
    Participant

Thank you Tayce. I appreciate your input. I hope in the not to distant future to upgrade. I will for the time being make use of this first instrument to learn individual hand technique. I also viewed the youtube video. A charming little melody on a charming (petite) instrument. For now I will play small and dream big. Best to you in the future. Again thank you for your time.

Sheila R.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics