Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tacye
ParticipantI agree: find a teacher before you buy anything.
Tacye
ParticipantHarps are in a large part made of wood.
Tacye
ParticipantThe other experimental method would be to have a harpist playing one harp and support alternative columns next to the harp’s- first seeing if people could hear any difference when a column was added as this should nearly double the effect.
Or use a contact microphone on the soundboard to remove the effect of the soundwaves in the air and see if the sound differences are as prominent.
I have a tendency to play my harp with the column guard still on in rehearsals and have not noticed a change in tone – but maybe I wouldn’t as I am behind the harp.
Tacye
ParticipantWill you be teaching one student at a time or more?
Tacye
ParticipantDo you play any Bernard Andres? La Gimblette is in C and would suit the elegance of that harp.
Tacye
ParticipantIn my experience it works both ways- there are not that many harpists out there who are capable of playing most orchestral parts and happy to play in unpaid or barely paid amateur or pro/am orchestras.
Tacye
ParticipantYou might want to consider cam levers which I think would be more forgiving the neck than Truitts.
Tacye
ParticipantTacye
ParticipantYes Carl, the error margin I gave is large- this is because I was estimating in only a minute or two with dodgy data.
Tacye
ParticipantI don’t know Chris Waltham personally, but am aware of some of his papers on harps- and referred Carl to some of his data above.
Carl, have a think about how accurate you want the figures.
Tacye
ParticipantTo what accuracy (percentage and or absolute) do you need the tension on each string?
Tacye
ParticipantMost events are annual so this will give you an idea of much of what might happen in the UK next year:
http://www.morleyharps.co.uk/acatalog/past_harp_news_events.htmlTacye
ParticipantFor Washburn harps have you found this?
http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message_id=282934
Tacye
ParticipantI was not trying to berate you, but get an explanation of what the
problem was and why you found it interesting.September 30, 2010 at 5:47 pm in reply to: Any ideas for science fair project using the harp? #83302Tacye
ParticipantCarl, I am sorry to seem like I am attacking you but can you explain what would be worthwhile about this project that could not be more simply gained by using the normal relevant formulae?
-
AuthorPosts