Sid Humphreys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 362 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Blue harp in orchestra? #151239

    Kay, good answer, sound is what is most important.

    Thanks for your feedback as well John; I have seen the blue and gold 23 and thought it was very pretty (although it was only in pictures and not in person). I wonder if the wood grain shows as it does in the Camac? The one pictured on the Camac website looks opaque with no graining but in person it is very rich .

    Saul, I’m still waiting for your answer. You’re not getting off that easily!

    in reply to: Blue harp in orchestra? #151236

    Yes Saul. I have to ask. I know what is accepted. But where are the other answers?

    in reply to: Blue harp in orchestra? #151232

    Anymore of a distraction than a Louis XV gold harp? That’s quite ornate. Or what about the one violin that isn’t darker wood but light. The one gold flute. But I want to stick to the topic. This is about a blue harp. Not the Big Blue in a different finish. Blue… keep your answers coming

    in reply to: L&H Chicago Petite 40! #75507

    Okay, here’s what I did. I puchased my 40 string harp from Lyon and Healy. I took very good care of it and paid it off a little early. I then, as you would a car, took it back to Lyon and Healy to upgrade. I think they gave me almost

    in reply to: What happens when a string breaks? #75480

    I’ve actually had a 2nd octave C break during a choir rehearsal, it did hit my cheek but just scared me as I wasn’t expecting that loud noise when it did. You can tell when a string is about to go as it starts loosing tune, going flat, very rapidly. At that point I find it better to go ahead and loosen the tension, cut then replace the string. Except for the case when I had a visitor playing with my harp a bit too zealously…

    in reply to: L&H Chicago Petite 40! #75501

    I totally agree with Saul, I outgrew my Daphne 40 in two years. Go for 47 strings! Since you are looking at L&H you can finance through them as I did. Also think about where you want to go with the harp as you choose your model, solo, chamber, or orchestra? Sauls sugestions are sound and would work well in said venues. Just thought I’s add that!

    in reply to: Any experience with Electric Harp? #75255

    I play on Camac electric harps at the DFW showroom. Both the concert grand and the lever model sound great without being “plugged in.” In fact, I played my last recital on the Big Blue, unamplified. If I get a second harp, that will be it!

    Sid

    in reply to: Harp Financing? #75613

    Try Googling Allegro Acceptance and see if that will help you, I think they will finance up to 95%.

    Sid

    in reply to: Harp Column issue arrival #109024

    Still none for me :-(

    I’m soooo jealous!

    in reply to: Harp Column issue arrival #109021

    I still haven’t gotten mine yet either. If it’s not in the mail box when I get home from work then I’ll be giving Kim a call tomorrow… it’s never been this late before. I need my HC fix!

    in reply to: Harp Column issue arrival #109009

    Same here. My issues of HC started to arrive late back in March. This issue seems to especially late though.

    in reply to: Nutcracker part #151644

    I think, and this could JUST be me, is “how does it sound in the end?”

    in reply to: The Light In The Piazza #151674

    Congrats Dave!

    I have a DVD and a (gasp)pirated CD of Light In The Piazza, lots of harp there and it’s so beautiful! You and the cellist will have a ball with it. Wish I could help you out with the printed music, but if you’d like to borrow the CD I could ship it to you.

    Sid

    in reply to: Shoes: To Wear or Not to Wear #109166

    Pat, I find my cowboy boots very comfortable when I play harp, they have a riding heel which is a little higher than normal. They don’t seem too far off from the shoes that I see most women wear when they play.

    Sid

    in reply to: Practice hour #160206

    I’m doing three to four… it has taken a toll on my social life though. But I love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 362 total)