harpcolumn

Harp Financing?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harp Financing?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Karen Johns
    Participant

The best I can come up with for you is to get a harp in kit form and help her put it together. There is a smart harp kit

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

Consider checking out the Harpsicle harps at Musician’s Friend.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

I forgot to include a link (I sure wish we could edit posts!)

Anyway, here’s a link to the Harpsicles at Musician’s Friend

jan-fetty
    Participant

Are you on the east coast or west coast?

Hi Rachel,
    Does Miss Jellison know of a source? Or Virginia Harp Center?

We’ve found a wonderful used harp for a price that we think is very reasonable. We’re interested in purchasing the harp but wouldn’t have the time to save up for the whole thing due to a planned move in the next several months. So we decided to look into financing.

Since it’s used and the owner is selling the harp, financing it through L&H or Venus would work. We’ve looked into just taking a loan out at our bank but we were informed by them that our bank now only does loans for home/vehicle purchases and wouldn’t even consider a loan for a musical instrument.

While speaking to the owner of a local musical store he suggested asking musicians how they financed their expensive instruments. So… here I am. 🙂

Is there another way to finance an instrument? We’d be looking at about $8,500 and we’ve got two fully paid vehicles that could be used as collateral.

Help? Suggestions?

Thank you for your time!

~ Nicollette

catherine-rogers
    Participant

What about a home equity line of credit?

Try another bank, or go to a credit union, open a small account and see about getting a loan. Their rates are generally on the low side, or at least they used to be. You will need to have something of value to the bank or credit union for collateral, like a late-model car paid for, a boat or a house.

Good luck,

Briggs

john-strand
    Participant

I came to dislike banks and now belong to a credit union which is a not for profit organization – they have been wonderful about loans on items that banks wouldn’t touch such as professional recording gear and my harps – all have been financed and the last one was a home equity loan.

Thank you all for the replies so far. We don’t own a house, we rent so the home equity loan is not something we’re able to do. I’ll certainly check into a credit union in our area and see if there is a musician’s union here. Thank you again!

If anyone else has a suggestion please add to your two cents!

Much appreciated!

~ Nicollette

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Try Googling Allegro Acceptance and see if that will help you, I think they will finance up to 95%.

Sid

Jeffrey Smith
    Participant

Hi Rachel!

Sid I did that, and it looks as if they do financing for music retailers only. That’s what I made out of their website. Maybe I missed something.

Briggsie

kay-lister

Try Care Credit.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics