Sid Humphreys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 362 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Yet another string breakage question #73900

    Sidney B,

    I change strings every year ( not all need to be but new strings sound so much better). I keep a full set

    in reply to: Sam Harris, Over The Rainbow #149797

    Update:

    This is Mr. Harris’s own orchestration, there is no publisher. We are currently trying to get ahold of his people to get the part (if they happen to have it) to our people. The original plan was for them to hand the orchestra our parts the morning of the concert!

    Please, if anyone out there has done this with Sam Harris, please contact me!

    Thanks,

    Sid

    in reply to: Minor buzzing problem #108091

    What color is the cloth? Is it a thin piece of red felt or a thicker piece of white felt?

    in reply to: Minor buzzing problem #108082

    I feel your frustration Sherry, I was ready to get rid of my 23 and buy a new harp while trying to figure out the buzz! I don’t think oil can cause the buzz. So it seems to have originated around D and E and is now spreading to C. Will it still buzz of the string is plucked in both directions (thumb pluck as opposed to finger pluck)? Have you tried slightly pressing pedals associated with the buzzing strings ( after finding out that it was Bflat causing my 4th octive A, G and F to buzz I temporarily fixed it by taping a piece of felt to the pedal cushion)? Please don’t mess with the mechanism yourself. That is a job for the regulator to do.

    in reply to: Minor buzzing problem #108079

    Sherry,

    I fit my 23 in a Ford Edge as well as Explorer. The milage isn’t great, I don’t think you can be too picky when it comes to an SUV… this is concidering the 2010 models. 2011 may have different dimentions and therefore may not accomidate.

    in reply to: Electronic Harp Tuner #70693

    Tony,

    I use this Ap as well now. Try plugging in your hands free headset and dangle the microphone inside the back of the harp. You should be able to get a reading not only for the 1st octicve C but the 00G will also show up (if just for a second)! In fact I’ve been using this more than my regular tuner these days.

    Sid

    in reply to: To play or not to play, that is the question #150265

    Wow Kay, this is why I hate dealing with a third party! I would try making one more phone call before calling the whole thing off. Problem is, who do you call? It should be the father since he is supposed to be sending the check. But then why wasn’t the contract sent to him instead? I say listen to your gut feeling, no pay-no play. In the future I would make it clear that whomever is sent the contract will

    in reply to: The Harpist’s Declaration of Independence #108204

    Yes Barbara, I like where the harps are placed here. But notice the camera man doesn’t like to film them!

    Harps should get as much film time as the flautist or vioinist!

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145302

    Meredith,

    Loading my 23 in a 2010 Ford Edge (17 MPG city and about 23MPG highway)

    in reply to: Chadwick’s Symphonic Sketches. #150374

    Thank you Clinton.

    Yes Sherry, our bass clairnet was a little stressed that night!

    in reply to: Most finger room in highest octave? #74441

    Bart, you missed what I pointed out in Camac harps. They have more room

    in reply to: Most finger room in highest octave? #74437

    Camac harps have lots of room in the upper octives.

    in reply to: Works with Harp #150649

    Sidney,

    Have you concidered Bizet’s L’Arlesienne 2? the third movement has a wonderful harp and flute duo. Check it out on YouTube…

    in reply to: Music written (or arranged) for harp & spoken word #108393

    Hello Hannah,

    I highly recomend the Camac Clio. If you have any questions about it email Rebekah Passmore at rebekahpassmore@yahoo.com

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 362 total)