harpcolumn

Chadwick’s Symphonic Sketches.

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Chadwick’s Symphonic Sketches.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Just completed first night’s rehearsal on this piece and I need a little clarification. In the 4th movement, eight measures before H, there appears to be a sextuplet written in. A,C,Eflat,A,C,Eflat ending with G. It sounded odd. Of course my timing could have been off or other instruments could have been as we were just sight reading this. I double checked with the conductor’s score after rehearsal and the score had a different set of notes (I remember that they started on Bflat). Now I checked with my “Orchestra Musician’s CD-ROM Library” and that has the same set of notes as my orchestra music.

Has anyone done this? Which is the correct set of notes? We don’thave rehearsal for two more weeks and I don’t want to wait that long before I can play both and figure out which sounds better.

Sid

sherry-lenox
    Participant

This score includes bass clarinet parts in both Bb and A, which is VERY unusual. The only other piece I ever played that had an A bass clarinet part was one of the Mahler symphonies.

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Thank you Clinton.

Yes Sherry, our bass clairnet was a little stressed that night!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.