shelby-m

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Tuning etiquette #106424
    shelby-m
    Participant

    I heard a quote once that went something like “Never argue with stupid people – first they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.”
    It seems to me that harpists have to deal with more than their fair share of stupid people!

    in reply to: Booking Gigs #157526
    shelby-m
    Participant

    If this is something she really wants to do, I would suggest you mention it to her teacher and they can help you decide when she is ready to start gigging.

    in reply to: Harp for a very, very young child #157508
    shelby-m
    Participant

    I can’t offer an opinion on the Harpsicles, since I have never played one.

    in reply to: Hello! Newbie harper here! #157485
    shelby-m
    Participant

    Angela: I live in the Lebanon area, about 30 minutes from Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH.

    in reply to: Harp maintenance #157555
    shelby-m
    Participant

    Good idea, Saul!

    in reply to: Choosing a new lever harp for child…new advice #157451
    shelby-m
    Participant

    I live in NH.

    in reply to: Acclimatizing your harp #72328
    shelby-m
    Participant

    I second Rod’s comment.

    in reply to: Does? #157641
    shelby-m
    Participant

    Well she must not have been much of a stalker if most of the forum was aware of it. 😛

    in reply to: Why don’t more people play harp? #106506
    shelby-m
    Participant

    I think with any instrument, there comes a point of frustration which can either make or break your relationship with the instrument.

    in reply to: Pedal Harp #157656
    shelby-m
    Participant

    Yes, I’m dying to know!

    in reply to: practice in NYC #148467
    shelby-m
    Participant

    Is it at all possible to bring your own harp?

    in reply to: New harp strings that sound twangy #72029
    shelby-m
    Participant

    Did you recently replace a few strings?

    in reply to: Does? #157638
    shelby-m
    Participant

    Hmmm…. I believe I am missing out on some “inside joke”….

    in reply to: Why don’t more people play harp? #106501
    shelby-m
    Participant

    Sylvia, when you said “homepage” were you talking about my blog? (I need to do some serious updating, by the way… lots of exciting music stuff is happening and I haven’t had time to post about it! argh!)
    I haven’t put my picture up because my family is very “private” so to speak, and my parents don’t like me putting pictures/videos of myself on the internet.

    in reply to: Help me choose – please!!!!! #157667
    shelby-m
    Participant

    I second Gloria’s recommendation for a DS Ravenna 34.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 215 total)