harpcolumn

Pedal Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Pedal Harp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Alex Flores
    Participant

Hello, and welcome to this post. I am a brand new harpist, and have been fascinated by the harp for YEARS. I have messed around a bit on a lever harp at my high school, but I lately have been wanting to get serious. A neighbor of mine has offered me a pedal harp, FREE! They are moving and are not able to take it with them, and have offered it to me since they have seen me at the school. Should I accept the offer? I only know of one other harpist in my general area and she lives about an hour away. What do you think?

P.S. My neighbors don’t move for another 2-3 weeks.

Of course, you accept it! It’s a miracle.

Where are you located? The next step is to begin lessons.

Alex Flores
    Participant

I am located in Rifle, CO. The closest harpists live in Grand Junction.

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

That is a once in a lifetime offer

alice-freeman
    Spectator

Absolutely! Accept the harp graciously and with promises to give it a good home.

I drive 70 miles once a month for harp lessons in Colorado and just figure it is one of the costs of living in a rural area.

On the other hand, with the number of harp teachers who offer lessons via Skype on the Internet, you may be able to find someone who can teach you in your living room.

— Alice in windy Wyoming

Carm Zephyr
    Participant

Oh yes, like everyone has said, accept graciously and with much appreciation. You are truly blessed to have this wonderful gift offered to you 🙂

Alex Flores
    Participant

I’m only 13 so I can’t get a TRUE job. But I work aounrd the house and the neighborhood.

tony-morosco
    Participant

jessica-wolff
    Participant

We are all assuming it’s in good condition, which I hope it is. But yeah, accept.

kay-lister

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes . . .YES!!!!!!!!!

There are many good harp teachers in the Denver/Boulder area. You will be able to work out something. Someone would come out there if they can build up a class. If it is easier to get to Montana or Utah, there would be teachers there, too.

Okay, I see where it is located, you are far from those places. There is a harp teacher in Durango named Debi Martin. She may be able to help. You can also check with Lyon Healy west in Salt Lake City for a teacher in eastern Utah.

eliza-morrison
    Participant

What a wonderful gift!!!
    What kind of harp is it? I am sure we are all curious!

shelby-m
    Participant

Yes, I’m dying to know!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.