Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
shelby-m
ParticipantI, too, like what Tony said.
shelby-m
ParticipantI can’t answer any of your questions with absolute certainty, and I am by no means an expert on the subject of harp making.
shelby-m
ParticipantBarbara Kraichy:
I don’t think Dave or Pamela are on this forum… I just copied and pasted an email newsletter I’d received them.shelby-m
ParticipantHappy New Year!
shelby-m
ParticipantOh, it’s much more than that – playing any instrument, especially one that requires 2 hands working simultaneously but doing different things (like harp!), increases the number of connections between your brain cells and dramatically reduces your chances of developing Alzheimer’s, memory loss, or dementia!
shelby-m
ParticipantWell for me, I don’t have much of a choice.
shelby-m
ParticipantAnother Christmas song that I just heard that is very nice is “The Holly and the Ivy”.
shelby-m
ParticipantOur power goes out so frequently in the winter that when I was little, my dad finally gave in and bought a generator!
shelby-m
ParticipantOh yes!
shelby-m
ParticipantWell, mine isn’t nearly as funny as everybody else’s, but when I used to play (flute) in the community orchestra, the conductor would stop us every 20 bars or so and tell us how to play it better. I think we only managed to play the pieces all the way through in one go at the dress rehearsal!
shelby-m
ParticipantThanks for the responses, everybody!
shelby-m
ParticipantTo quote Disney’s Hercules movie… “Lift with your knees, not your back!”
Another factor might be balance.shelby-m
ParticipantI just bought (at my teacher’s recommendation) “50 Christmas Carols for all Harps” by Sylvia Woods.
shelby-m
ParticipantIf you’re looking for a small harp, then there are several small floor harps that you can look at.
shelby-m
ParticipantThanks!
-
AuthorPosts