Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Seoid OC
ParticipantDoes your student play a pedal or a lever harp?
November 2, 2011 at 9:14 am in reply to: Harp Rental in Europe November 25-December 13 (vs. shipping) #147074Seoid OC
ParticipantEurope is a big place!
Seoid OC
ParticipantI’m Dublin based and there are a couple of Dublin harp teachers – send me a PM or your email address and I’ll give you more details.
Seoid OC
ParticipantWhat sort of quality recording do you need?
I use an Olympus digital voice recorder like this one: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1514&page=overviewIt’s not too expensive, very portable and connects via USB directly into Mac or PC.
On the other hand the quality is not amazing just good enough for recording practice sessions etc – I find it very handy for that.Seoid OC
ParticipantI would also go for the Ravenna – I haven’t played the Triplett but prefer Dusty Strings to Camac generally and I personally would feel to limited with just 22 strings – even a few extra make a difference.
Seoid OC
ParticipantI hope no-one minds me resurrecting an old thread but does anyone have any experience with the microcube amp since then? I’d be looking at the 15 watt version for use with both my electric harp and to amplify my acoustic harp for background gigs (both lever harps). Does it give a faithful sound? Can it cope with the range of the harp? How loud would it go (difficult to describe, that one)? Guitarists seem to think very highly of this little amp but I don’t know how their needs would differ from the harp’s needs.
Thanks in advance!
Seoid OC
ParticipantSurely even if that’s not possible she could have private lessons with another harp teacher separately to college?
Seoid OC
ParticipantIt’s underhand and unpleasant behaviour and very frustrating but unfortunately that happens in business sometimes.
March 18, 2011 at 5:15 pm in reply to: Looking for European Celtic Harpist For Paid Gigs w/ Female Alt Folk Musician. Where is the best place to look for one? #166132Seoid OC
ParticipantHi Em,
I have seen your posts and would really love to play with you except I’m in Ireland, not mainland Europe!
Seoid OC
ParticipantI have an Avee 34 string harp from Blevins harps and it’s great for this purpose.
Seoid OC
ParticipantAnother exercise that my teacher had me do for rolled chords was to build it up and add the fingers one at a time.
Seoid OC
ParticipantI bought an Olympus voice recorder for this a year or two ago and it’s been perfect for my needs. The sound quality is ok but not great. Perfectly fine for playing back to yourself or to record your teacher playing. I went for Olympus because it’s not tied into Windows (like Sony and others) – it just connects as a USB drive and you can copy files over. I also use it as a USB portable storage drive.
A friend of mine has a Zoom recorder and the sound quality is excellent – much better than from my Olympus. However, it was about 3 times the cost…
February 13, 2011 at 11:42 am in reply to: Scales & Arpeggio practice sheet – can email it out #106649Seoid OC
ParticipantThank you so much for your offer – this sounds very useful! Could you email it to me as well? I will send you an email now so you can just reply.
Thanks a mil!
Seoid OC
ParticipantHi Sharon, thanks for your offer – I’d really appreciate a copy of your list as well!
Seoid OC
ParticipantI really hate when people are over-familiar with any of my harps.
-
AuthorPosts