column

Digital voice recorder

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Digital voice recorder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Raye Wilson
    Participant

Any suggestions for a recorder I could use to record my playing so I could hear what I sound like?

dawn-penland
    Participant

I bought the ZoomH2.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Also if you have any kind of smartphone, ipod, ipad there are apps for most of those, although of course it sounds better with an external mic, even the one from the earbuds. Not Zoom quality, but okay for practicing.

Seoid OC
    Participant

I bought an Olympus voice recorder for this a year or two ago and it’s been perfect for my needs. The sound quality is ok but not great. Perfectly fine for playing back to yourself or to record your teacher playing. I went for Olympus because it’s not tied into Windows (like Sony and others) – it just connects as a USB drive and you can copy files over. I also use it as a USB portable storage drive.

A friend of mine has a Zoom recorder and the sound quality is excellent – much better than from my Olympus. However, it was about 3 times the cost…

A cassette recorder with a decent microphone would work just fine and would be the simplest to use, by far.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Barbara, in addition to the smart phones, my Sony Walkman mp3 player also has a voice recording feature built in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.