Seoid OC

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Enduring the waiting #161633
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    It might be a long shot but if you do find a harp for sale (e.g. a second hand harp)

    in reply to: Certification for Harp #161639
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    I suppose it’s like any musical instrument – the examples above are for the UK but I’m sure there are graded levels in other countries as well.

    in reply to: Sheet music for Carolan’s Dream #162886
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    I think there are also versions of this song in Kathleen Loughnane’s book “Affairs of the Harp” and in the Sounding Harps book 4 (the black one) under the name Molly/Maire McAlpin.
    Not sure if these are on Amazon but you can buy them from Morley Harps in England (www.morleyharps.co.uk).

    in reply to: Just one? #163613
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    I’m sure a lot of people only have one harp!

    in reply to: Harp rentals in/near Ballyvaughan or Gleann Colm Cille? #163698
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    If that doesn’t work out, try contacting Cairde na Cruite http://www.cairdenacruite.com, the Irish harp society – more information on their website.

    in reply to: Does anybody have a Jan Muyllaert harp? #163704
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    Maybe you should head over to Scotland for the Edinborough harp festival at the end of March?

    in reply to: Who Knows Irish #163020
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    As Karin says, it was probably a replica of the harp in Trinity – the Brian Boru harp.

    in reply to: Does anybody have a Jan Muyllaert harp? #163702
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    I don’t have one of Jan’s harps but I considered it and went to see his workshop a couple of years ago.

    He’s not very a well known maker but his harps are relatively small, light and do sound very pretty if not especially loud (if I recall correctly).

    in reply to: Angry Neighbours #162229
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    It’s such a shame that you’re in this situation – I always find it odd when people object to harp music since it’s such a lovely, inoffensive instrument normally!

    Unless you were playing late at night though I wouldn’t think he has any

    in reply to: Dussek – Sonata in C #164067
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    Sorry I wasn’t sure if it was Cminor or Cmajor or if there were two different pieces!

    in reply to: Recruiting New Students #87165
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    This might be slightly off topic but can I just say how lucky some of you are that you have a choice of teachers!

    in reply to: Dussek – Sonata in C #164062
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    Thanks Barbara and Saul for your answers!

    I don’t want to buy Sonata in C if it will be too difficult or change the piece too much to translate to lever harp but I will have

    in reply to: Changing a String Video #164075
    Seoid OC
    Participant

    If you want to take the exam then all the information necessary (including repertoire lists) should be on the ABRSM link above.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)