harpcolumn

White paint scuff

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories White paint scuff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

While carrying my walnut FH36S through a doorway, I scraped the wall and put a white mark approximately 3/4 inch long and 1/8 inch wide on the harp. It is not noticeable, but I would like to remove it without dulling or damaging the finish. Any suggestions?

kreig-kitts

When my lever harp got some white paint from hitting the corner of a white chair, the maker recommended gently using the finest steel wool available (there’s a scale on the back of most packages) to buff it off. It was actually what they use in finishing the harps to smooth it without scratching. It almost

onita-sanders
    Participant

Might I suggest to remove paint without damaging the finish what is used on cars, Rubbining Compound”.

elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

I went to Home Depot and did not find any of the two things suggested, so went home and very gently with the fine side of a worn out emery board took the paint off, and then used a Tibet Almond stick on the area. The harp looks fine, but I

onita-sanders
    Participant

I am very glad that we were able to assist you and that everything worked out for you.

elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

I will continue to look for all the products mentioned on this thread, “just in case.” I’ve already decided though, that if God forbid I get any bigger dings or scratches, I will email or phone Dusty Strings and ask what they recommend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies