Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
jessica-wolff
ParticipantRegarding the problem of finding the notes–I played fretless banjo with no trouble because I already played guitar and your ear tells you when a note is off.
However, other issues (the caterwauling on a high-pitched instrument, the bowing) present additional problems.
Notice that quite a few folks like the cello. So do I (most guitarists like it).
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThanks, Deb! I hope to be in shape for WHC in Vancouver!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThanks, Jerusha. Unfortunately, it’s rather more serious stuff.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantNothing. I’ve had medical issues for the last two months. So have my senior-citizen cat and dog. (Yeah, I’m a senior citizen too.)
However, my daughter and an “adopted daughter” got me a rocker for the front porch because I said I wanted to play banjo in a rocking chair like Aunt Samantha Bumgarner. So I may at least try that.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantIdeally, I’d go for both, a small pedal harp and a lever harp. The pedal harp might be a single-action.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI agree with your cat.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantA guitarist is used to having the bass strings closer to him/her.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI take it your husband holds the pursestrings? If not, I’d ignore him.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThat’s the position my then 3-year-old daughter chose to assume when we first brought a harp into the house!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThey sure are!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI’ve had cats who love the harp and cats who hate it.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThere is a thread on this subject. Not everybody names harps. I don’t.
March 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm in reply to: Sievert Simaril versus Triplett Signature or Eclipse even Celtic II why not? #71973jessica-wolff
ParticipantMy experience with Tripletts in general is that they lack brightness.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI bought a cheap ($5) but sturdy lyreback chair when the old St. John Hotel ended its run. It was just a little bit low for playing harp. (Harp 63″, me 60″.) Then I found a brilliantly colored fat Burmese pillow that did the trick.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI frequently tune this way, but I’ve never heard the term before. It doesn’t seem to work well for the first octave, but neither does anything else.
-
AuthorPosts